Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Kalou's pretty s*** and wouldn't get in our first XI anyway, and it would be mad to want him sat on our bench on £60k a week.  Not that he'd be happy to.

He's more suited than Ba to a 4-3-3 and could do OK in a 4-4-2 instead of Jonas.

Can't believe people wont have Kalou here. For one he is 10 times better than Obertan.

Hardly worth comparing, that doesn't mean to say Kalou is by any means the right alternative.

As a winger he's comparable. And as of now I think Kalou would be a starter in our team as I don't rate Jonas as a winger. Marveaux vs Kalou is another debate.

Jonas doesn't really start as a winger for us as of now.

Kalou's a much better player than he's given credit for. He was often shunted out wide at Chelsea and used as a substitute, yet still managed a decent goal tally. At Feyenoord he was spectacular as a striker in a 4-4-2. Whoever gets him will have a very good player on a free. This year's Demba Ba.

Kalou's a much better player than he's given credit for. He was often shunted out wide at Chelsea and used as a substitute, yet still managed a decent goal tally. At Feyenoord he was spectacular as a striker in a 4-4-2. Whoever gets him will have a very good player on a free. This year's Demba Ba.

Very good in the Eredivisie. He's proven here to be a limited footballer who is fairly good at chipping in with goals. All other aspects of his game are limited; Chelsea are dumping him for a reason.

He's not crap but he's not worth what he'd cost in wages.

This basically, i never understood why he is rated so lowly by most people..... he seems to do well everytime he plays for Chelsea sometimes overplays a bit but seems to do most things in the final third well and usually scores important goals some of which have been key to Chelseas success.

I would be happy if we signed him as long as the wages are reasonable.

Very good in the Eredivisie. He's proven here to be a limited footballer who is fairly good at chipping in with goals. All other aspects of his game are limited; Chelsea are dumping him for a reason.

How do you know what his wages would be? He was contemplating moving back to Feyenoord last month, so I don't think he would be outside of our wage structure per se.

Chelsea are dumping him because they can afford to splash 70 million (!) on two new wide players without even blinking. No "normal" club would have let a player like him (decent squad player at that level, on manageable wages for a club like them) go for free.

The fact Chelsea (who are lower then us) have got rid of him suggests he wont be getting as high wages anyway. 40 grand a week or so isn't outside our range, and he would be a good player to bring in on a free, very good maybe.

Ba's a far better footballer than Kalou btw, that would be a terrible replacement.

Yeah i would'nt want Kalou as Ba's replacement but i would'nt mind seeing him as addition to Ba....

Shame about Vertonghen btw, he deserves better than them  :hmm:

How do you know what his wages would be? He was contemplating moving back to Feyenoord last month, so I don't think he would be outside of our wage structure per se.

Chelsea are dumping him because they can afford to splash 70 million (!) on two new wide players without even blinking. No "normal" club would have let a player like him (decent squad player at that level, on manageable wages for a club like them) go for free.

If his wages are low he might be a good signing.

I just don't think he's a particularly good footballer. His physical attributes and eye for goal playing in a talented team have made him the master of scoring inconsequential goals, often in large wins against poor opposition or off the bench against tiring legs.

I don't think he has many other attributes to his game and doesn't offer much if he's playing a starting role in a key position, or in a weaker side when he has more responsibility.

Ba's a far better footballer than Kalou btw, that would be a terrible replacement.

Kalou's more versatile and a far better athlete. If we're going to persist with 4-3-3 Kalou would be a very good addition.

Kalou's more versatile and a far better athlete. If we're going to persist with 4-3-3 Kalou would be a very good addition.

:thup: wouldn't bother with him for 4-4-2.