Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Modric proving himself and flourishing deeper is what has made him so sought after really, if he was still playing as a more advanced midfielder or out wide like he did for a while he wouldn't be worth what he's worth right now. That ability to dictate games right in the middle is rare today.

Sigurdsson still could be a replacement I suppose, but it would mean a change of style or re-structuring of the team.

Guest taps01

Anyone know what the new pay structure at Spurs is?... I heard it's changed due to the new Bale contract...

Martim Jol will know no doubt.

Naismith. :anguish:

Although if he's as good as the last Rangers striker we got then I won't be complaining.

I'm happy with him signing.

Supposed to have a very good partnership with Jelavic which I hope means no more Cahill.

Anyone know what the new pay structure at Spurs is?... I heard it's changed due to the new Bale contract...

Nope, still the same, don't pay more than you can afford. Nothing complicated. I think Levy aims for the Deloitte recommendation, whatever that is (60% of turnover?) and uses bonuses for CL etc to ensure that we don't overreach.

June 16 - Liverpool FC News @LiverpooIFCNews

Sigurdsson is a great signing, 22 years old, 18 appearances, 7 goals and 4 assists from midfield for Swansea last season.

15 minutes ago - Liverpool FC News @LiverpooIFCNews

Glad the Sigurdsson saga is over now, he was hyped up for weeks but reality is 99% of us didn't know who he was before Swansea loan.

:bluestar:

June 16 - Liverpool FC News @LiverpooIFCNews

Sigurdsson is a great signing, 22 years old, 18 appearances, 7 goals and 4 assists from midfield for Swansea last season.

15 minutes ago - Liverpool FC News @LiverpooIFCNews

Glad the Sigurdsson saga is over now, he was hyped up for weeks but reality is 99% of us didn't know who he was before Swansea loan.

:bluestar:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Its a classic with all clubs really

did they not watch him rip the championship to pieces when we were down there (I think it was then anyway) its not like he was hiding under a rock or playing on a different planet.

Have to say much rather him at Spurs than Liverpool, there would have been something especially cuntish about Liverpool stealing Swansea's manager and then one of their best players (I know not really Swansea's player but close enough for my purposes) and now that Harry's gone and since I like Villas Boas my opinion of Spurs has dropped to indifference.

RvP not extending Arsenal contract.

Source?

Robin van Persie has announced he will not be extending his contract at Arsenal, with a statement on his official website reading: "I’ve thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions."

Arsenal are screwed without him. Giroud and Podolski will make up nowhere near the goals he's scored. Probably get a poor fee for him too.

I would'nt say screwed is the correct term..... with Giroud and Podolski they have two forwards in a front 3 who will be able to get goals a long with Walcott, Oxlade and Gervinho chipping in here and there with goals and assists.

Last season it was all Van Persie if he is to leave which seems likely you will probably a see a more team effort when it comes to goals and not just Van Persie.

They will be fine, they always are.