Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Guest nufc_89

Chelsea bought him to help Eden settle in and to keep him happy. Blackburn did the same thing last  season when they bought Markus Olsson.

Chelsea bought him to help Eden settle in and to keep him happy. Blackburn did the same thing last season when they bought Markus Olsson.

They did it with Julio Santa Cruz as well. I imagine it's fairly common for clubs to sign a familiar face to help foreign players settle.

Liverpool agree £13.5m fee with Swansea for Joe Allen.  :spit:

Nice to see that a) That "gentlemans agreement" means nowt as soon as you step into Scouseland and b) that learnt fucking nothing from last summers transfers.

Liverpool close in on £15m Swansea ace Allen as Rodgers eyes reunion

Liverpool are ready to make Joe Allen their second summer signing by triggering a £15million release clause in his contract.

Having welcomed new £11m striker Fabio Borini into his squad in Boston on Tuesday, Brendan Rodgers now wants to press ahead with a move for the Swansea midfielder.

But Liverpool could end up paying significantly less for Allen due to the complicated details of his terms at The Liberty Stadium.

Liverpool are one of five clubs – the others are Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal – who must pay the agreed figure to sign the 22-year-old.

However, should a club from outside that quintet join the race for Allen and make a lower bid, it then becomes an open market and a bidders war, leaving Swansea with a difficult decision to make.

wat

I read it as being .. there is a 15 mill pounds release clause if one of Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea or Arsenal make a bid and its the first bid. However, if another club say us, offer 8 mill pounds for him, first up, then the release clause is somewhat destroyed and its open bidding as with a normal player. So technically we could make a low bid, to enable Swansea to gain an extra 5 million pounds out of Liverpool. If he goes for 20 mill, what Henderson went for.

Why would they accept a lower bid. That makes 0 sense.

So Cardiff can come along with a £1 bid and mean the £15m buy out clause of their rival's player, which previously stopped Liverpool getting him for any less, is torn up?

Who writes these contracts?  No, wait, agents write them, who fucking signs these contracts? :lol:

Allen is a good player, and the price seems fair considering what other English players go for. He is still very young, so will most likely get better as well. Not sure what all the laughs are about. Seems more like a reflex reaction from some.

Why would they accept a lower bid. That makes 0 sense.

So Cardiff can come along with a £1 bid and mean the £15m buy out clause of their rival's player, which previously stopped Liverpool getting him for any less, is torn up?

Who writes these contracts?  No, wait, agents write them, who f***ing signs these contracts? :lol:

Surely it then mean Swansea can hold out for more than 15 mill .. if you look at it the other way

Liverpool's prices are going to be inflated because selling clubs will just point to the Henderson and Carroll fee lol. It's just the british player premium, on a principle pay more, get less. It's not a bad signing tbh he's an upgrade on their legion of potato-headed current midfielders.

Allen is a good player, and the price seems fair considering what other English players go for. He is still very young, so will most likely get better as well. Not sure what all the laughs are about. Seems more like a reflex reaction from some.

Is he really that good? From the little I've seen he seems tidy in possession but not much of a threat going forward. Seems like a lot for Henderson mk 2.

I think he is a much better player than Henderson. In that context 12.5m is a steal.

I've genuinely not seen much of him, but even when I watched Swansea last season he was hardly miles above the rest. What are the stand out attributes that make him a 12 million pound player?