Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Anderson is a strange one, he's looked good at times for Man United but never really in the way he did when he had that explosiveness and drive when he was an attacking midfielder. The injury at Porto was obviously a factor but he doesn't seem fully committed now and always looks out of shape. Agree about Nani, I like him but £25m is a very good price for an area they have good strength in.

When Nani is on form he's unstoppable but when he's off form he's pathetically bad. It's frustrating but I still prefer him over Young. You'd have to seriously look at £25m but I can't see him leaving. Not this season at least.

Expect Anderson to have a very good season this year. For his sake, he has to.

I've been very impressed by Lukaku so far.

Lukaku (unfortunately they're babysitting a bluechipper, while Chelsea continue to hoard talent) at WBA, will be akin to Sturridge's loan spell at Bolton. I think he's going to have that 'boom' or break-out year, which he otherwise won't get at Chelsea.

Belgium n.t. manager would be relieved as well, from a player development perspective. Include a match-fit & firing Lukaku into the mix (with Hazard, Witzel, Vertongen etc) and that Belgium side is damn impressive, from goal-to-goal.

WC Qtr Final potential for them, if they can overcome their tourney qualification hoodoo.that's how good i think this golden generation is. They play a technical exciting brand of football, akin to how Holland used to play,

Trust me guys, they wont ever be a GOLDEN generation. Having lived in Belgium I know very well what to expect from this team.

- Disappointment and the inability to play as a team.

Scott Sinclair to Man City is an odd one. City seem to have decided now to buy young, but I can't see Sinclair being good enough to make a breakthrough.

On a related subject, I get very annoyed when Mancini complains about a lack of signings. No manager in history has been backed as well as him, and his existing squad is more than good enough to win the league.

Not sure if he's the nicest guy in the world, this one.

Not the nicest but probably the luckiest. I've said it before, but if it wasn't for the italian match-fixing scandal in 2006 he'd likely be coaching some mid-table Serie A team now. We should be grateful he's there to keep up the suspense; Mourinho in his place would have the league won by February.

Sinclair will take what was Johnson's spot on the bench.

Luckily for Spurs they are a well run club and i doubt any of those GK's are on massive wages.

They do need a long term GK, Lloris would be a fantastic signing and from a Newcastle POV i hope they don't get him.

Not on massive wages, but we can't keep em all. There's a kid called Button who's hopefully going to be good enough (homegrown etc etc) and Gomes is supposed to be on his way back to PSV. Personally I'm amazed we didn't go for Vorm, but there you go. Maybe we're working towards an entirely French-speaking defence.

I know the man says you have four massive days, but I think ours are even more crucial. You have a settled squad and manager, with a couple of obvious issues. We are in transition, with s***-loads of money burning a hole in our pocket, and also squad issues. I'm terrified we'll f*** it up.

........  or maybe not thought to be good enough for the future .......

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=29543&headline=Charlton

Charlton close in on Tottenham keeper

Tuesday, 28 August 2012

By Richard Cawley

CHARLTON are chasing a deal for Tottenham goalkeeper David Button.

The Addicks are hoping to conclude a permanent transfer for the 23-year-old shotstopper before Friday’s transfer deadline.

Button has not made a senior appearance for Spurs but he has gained first-team experience during loan spells at 12 clubs.

Scott Sinclair to Man City is an odd one. City seem to have decided now to buy young, but I can't see Sinclair being good enough to make a breakthrough.

Swansea fan was saying a few weeks ago he wasn't bothered if he left as he'd had a poor end to last season.

Wigan should sign Roger Espinoza. They love a Honduran and he was great at the Olympics

Wigan apparently after roger espinoza, be interesting to see the type of welcome he would get up here

Very suprised by the lack of City action in this market, are we expecting them to go all out in the last few days?

I reckon they'll stay as they are tbh. We'll see I suppose. Can see QPR bringing in at least another 4 players however.

A Madrid ITK (with an awful track record, mind) that writes for "As" claims that Spurs will launch a bid for Benzema.

Would they really let him go? Thought he played quite well for them last season.