Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Watch them try to turn him into Grant Holt. He won't like it there.

In fact, there isn't an attacking player in the world who would be well advised to go near that club.

Still continuing that Hughton crusade I see.

Prem TV money is causing a big imbalance. Norwich City being able to take Sporting's players, us taking from Ajax, QPR from Marseille etc.

European clubs have the scouting systems to tip balance back a bit though.

It's shit and only going to get worse.

Well, we've hardly got a global plan. We do for the large part use our financial advantage to pluck from French and Dutch teams.

Still seems like a fairly sound scouting set up to me.

Prem TV money is causing a big imbalance. Norwich City being able to take Sporting's players, us taking from Ajax, QPR from Marseille etc.

European clubs have the scouting systems to tip balance back a bit though.

It's shit and only going to get worse.

All the more reason to hope 2-bit clubs like QPR crash and burn.

Watch them try to turn him into Grant Holt. He won't like it there.

In fact, there isn't an attacking player in the world who would be well advised to go near that club.

Still continuing that Hughton crusade I see.

I like Hughton as a person and was one of the few on N-O to support him when he was made permanent manager here, but Norwich under him are absolutely unwatchable, dude. They almost make us look like entertainers again.

Well, we've hardly got a global plan. We do for the large part use our financial advantage to pluck from French and Dutch teams.

They're not unknowns though are they. They're top players in major European leagues that we double the wages of. It only looks so good because most of the rest of the league are so inept in this area that they rely on domestic signings or are at the whim of agents (as are we in many ways).

They're not unknowns though are they. They're top players in major European leagues that we double the wages of. It only looks so good because most of the rest of the league are so inept in this area that they rely on domestic signings or are at the whim of agents (as are we in many ways).

Scouting to me seems more than identifying 17 year old Mizuka Schlerzinger for FC Muchenziege. We aren't just getting lucky with the odd player and we aren't the only club in Europe who could attract these players.

We have brought in the likes of Sissoko, Marveaux, Ben Arfa, Ba, Haidara, Cisse, Gouffran, Cabaye, Tiote, MYM and Bigiramana for a fraction of what they are worth/we could get for them.

Even players like Perch and Elliot could be argued as some astute scouting even if they won't go on to be first team regulars.

That's more than half the first team squad.

Guest Miguel Piñero

It's all them Leeds plodders they've hoovered up.

Tbf he's atleast tried to give Hoolahan a free role, he seems their best player, even if the ball seems to be aimed over his head a lot.

Keeping Norwich in the PL is a good job. If he does this it's a good job. He's no Dalai Lama but it's no surprise Birmingham have collapsed since he left. If nowt else he seems able to get team spirit to the fore.

I will always have a lot of time for Chris Hughton and given I see no outstanding player for Norwich he is doing a good job. There are certainly a lot better squads than his doing worse.

Might be simplistic to say it, but perhaps it can show how just being a decent, genuine bloke who people are happy to be managed by and to play for can get you quite far. He's obviously an intelligent guy as far as people involved in football go as well, but I'm not sure there's that much else about him that stands out. Don't think he appears to be particularly astute tactically or inspirational in any significant way, he's a good man manager above all else.

Think Ronaldo is right about him and Pardew being of a similar level overall, Pardew has a lot more flash about him but they're fundamentally similar in their approach.

Might be simplistic to say it, but perhaps it can show how just being a decent, genuine bloke who people are happy to be managed by and to play for can get you quite far. He's obviously an intelligent guy as far as people involved in football go as well, but I'm not sure there's that much else about him that stands out. Don't think he appears to be particularly astute tactically or inspirational in any significant way, he's a good man manager above all else.

Think Ronaldo is right about him and Pardew being of a similar level overall, Pardew has a lot more flash about him but they're fundamentally similar in their approach.

Probably true but the good will offered by Norwich fans this season will slowly dissipate if they don't 'progress'. Look at Stoke and Pulis.

Aye, the fact he's being backed with good money will easily add to the pressure on his shoulders - will be interesting to see if he can push them on a bit. To be fair to him it did look like he was doing exactly that with us before the axe fell, particularly with the arrivals of Tiote and Ben Arfa.

Interesting to see how this pans out, i like him as a player but honestly from what i have seen i'm still yet to figure him out.

At times he looks like a attacking midfielder/striker and capable of slipping passes through and dropping deep for space and there are other times where he looks like a poacher.

But honestly that is the thing that worries me for Norwich sake is will they get the best from him because he has a varying skill set.

Time will tell of course but i wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't come up with the goods because he's used incorrectly.

Good luck to them.

problem for Hughton this season is once Holt got his nice big contract after his hissy fit over wanting to move last summer he's basically stopped trying, really gone to shit this campaign compared to last and they don't have much else up front hence the more defensive approach atm I'd say. Be interesting to see how this signing will change their approach come next season as on paper it looks a vast upgrade on their current options

Guest frazernufc

Quality player even if it doesnt work out for him at Norwich, will be dissapointed we didnt get him if we dont sign Aubameyang

Not good enough for ManU unless he's improved lots since he moved to Portugal.

Spanish paper El Mundo Deportivo reported that Barcelona had joined the race to sign Garay as potential cover for Carles Puyol who has been dogged by injuries

Blatantly just jealous ;)

In all seriousness though I seem to remember him being highly rated at Madrid when he was there?