Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

well I think I've already used the term the "Summer of Carrs" in another thread, which I think nicely sums up what I want to happen in the transfer window. I want to see the loan signing of Andy Carroll, the permanent signing of Michael Carrick for £7.4m and the return of Stephen Carr.

Keisuke Honda as well.

David Bentley.

well I think I've already used the term the "Summer of Carrs" in another thread, which I think nicely sums up what I want to happen in the transfer window. I want to see the loan signing of Andy Carroll, the permanent signing of Michael Carrick for £7.4m and the return of Stephen Carr.

Keisuke Honda as well.

David Bentley.

We could do with Matteo Ferrari as back up. But that's it.

Well, yeah, they're Norwich. :lol:

Crazy money for Norwich. Spending that TV money early? Good gamble, I guess. Hughton's done incredibly this season with a horrific squad/no striker better than Shola. :laugh:

I understand people liking Hughton because I do, but 'done incredibly'? Have a word. They're in the same position they finished last year under Lambert, having added some pretty good players in the summer.

Quite a few times I have watched them they play some decent stuff too. Could be a blessing he missed out on Hooper in Jan, I'm not convinced he is a £10m player.

imo Norwich are the worst team we've played this season for style of football. Dour, defensive side with a lot of gamesmanship and dirty players.

Makes the points they snatched off us all the worse.

I work about 5 minutes from Carrow Road and all the season ticket holders in our office have been complaining about the quality of football all season, and the only plus points have been grinding out the victories against Man Utd and Arsenal.

Everyone has said that Hughton just basically plays for a draw every week, and if it happens that they score first, he will shove everyone behind the ball to try and hold on to the win.  That's probably true for a lot of teams, but they're Norwich for fucks sake, they don't exactly have a potent strikeforce at this point in time.

That said, I think Van Wolfswinkel will be a good signing for them and will improve their strikeforce considerably, but everyone down here is still too worried about getting dragged into a relegation fight to be looking forward to him arriving.

I work about 5 minutes from Carrow Road and all the season ticket holders in our office have been complaining about the quality of football all season, and the only plus points have been grinding out the victories against Man Utd and Arsenal.

Everyone has said that Hughton just basically plays for a draw every week, and if it happens that they score first, he will shove everyone behind the ball to try and hold on to the win.  That's probably true for a lot of teams, but they're Norwich for fucks sake, they don't exactly have a potent strikeforce at this point in time.

That said, I think Van Wolfswinkel will be a good signing for them and will improve their strikeforce considerably, but everyone down here is still too worried about getting dragged into a relegation fight to be looking forward to him arriving.

:yao: Small time bastards.

Quite a few times I have watched them they play some decent stuff too. Could be a blessing he missed out on Hooper in Jan, I'm not convinced he is a £10m player.

imo Norwich are the worst team we've played this season for style of football. Dour, defensive side with a lot of gamesmanship and dirty players.

:whistle: ;)

Strange, I remember them playing some nice stuff in those games in particular. Indeed it's not Barcelona shit on offer but good pass and move football, attacking and defending as a unit. That's what I remember anyway. Looking at their team sheet I'd say the fans should be pretty pleased with that at least.

I'm not going to patronise Norwich fans, perhaps they have ambitions for their club and why not?

What I will say is that Hughton is a limited manager, like Pardew.

Both of which set up their teams to be defensive and neither know how to change a game with tactics or substitutions. Both likeable blokes, but very different.

:whistle: ;)

:lol:

Fellaini aside we are actually extremely naive and lacking in that dept imo.

Our players are too nice and let other teams away with all sorts, hardly say a peep to the ref etc. Doesn't help that we've got Tim Nice But Dim as captain. Can't wait for that dickhead to retire.

100% agree. They're the most unwatchable team in the league.

100% agree. They're the most unwatchable team in the league.

Stoke surely. Give turgid a whole new meaning.