Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

The meltdown on twitter #nufc all because they have bought a £15m striker, a striker we were not after. Maybe the reason they got him is due to the crazy £15m they paid.

Not really an outrageous sum. He's a very good player who improves their squad immediately.

Would you have been happy for us to have signed him for £15m ?

Our lack of signings is killing me but I think thy have over paid

Absolutely. We could easily afford it.

Fair play to Southampton. We have a solid squad with talented players albeit weak in several areas.. it should be more than enough to keep us up but there are so many other clubs like Norwich and Southampton that are closing the gap in terms of talent. Coupled with having managers that aren't Pardew almost nullifies any advantage we had.

Guest bimpy474

Just knew the usual suspects would be crying over Southampton buying another player, one which they've probably never seen play.

It's the buying of, not the player in particular, but i think you knew that.

I don't think they have overpaid tbh.

He's a cracking player who while can be a bit erratic at times but is capable of great things, plus he has a 1 in 2 record in Serie A over the last two years.

I'd pay 15m for him all day long.

As i said before there's not many signings made by clubs outside the top 6 i'm jealous of but this can join Bony in my list of two.

Guest neesy111

Just knew the usual suspects would be crying over Southampton buying another player, one which they've probably never seen play.

Zzzzzz.

That's an outstanding signing for Southampton. They're putting together a nice squad.

They'll be good to watch this season.

F

It will be a good test for Pochettini now he's got some players in there. It was the same for Pardew when we had the influx of French players two years ago, and still is really. Once you've got the players the excuses start to wear thin. 

Guest neesy111

The meltdown on twitter #nufc all because they have bought a £15m striker, a striker we were not after. Maybe the reason they got him is due to the crazy £15m they paid.

Not really an outrageous sum. He's a very good player who improves their squad immediately.

Would you have been happy for us to have signed him for £15m ?

Our lack of signings is killing me but I think thy have over paid

Absolutely. We could easily afford it.

Stop bankrupting the club Deuce.

Southampton have plenty of money behind them and they are ambitious (a dirty word at our club).  Their chairman has said that he expected them to be in Europe within a year or two.

Using the words ambition AND Europe in the same sentence?? You wanting to get a lifetime ban from SJP? :lol:

So every time a player is signed the forum is going to cry about it? Brilliant. Next 2 weeks is going to be awesome.

Guest bimpy474

So every time a player is signed the forum is going to cry about it? Brilliant. Next 2 weeks is going to be awesome.

Not sure crying would be how to put it, jealously might be a better term, maybe envy ?.

FYI i don't rate Lovren or Wanyama and think they DID overpay for them but this is a real coup for them no doubt about it.

I think Wanyama will be more limited at this level than he was at Celtic. A Tiote-esque DM exclusively in the PL. But less thick than Tiote, and better on the ball.

Can't say I know anything about Lovren.

This club has a long history of taking chances with an equally long list of failures to go with it. Had we not fucked up in the past maybe we'd be in a better position to sign players in the future. That £100m debt didn't come from making smart decisions.

I'm sure other clubs were crying over us in January

I think we will get Gomis btw.

Guest bimpy474

You need to spend at least £10m each season to stand still, we finished 16th, whatever your view of why. To spend nothing will leave you going backwards. I'm worried as i don't think our squad is as good as some think and our manager certainly isn't.

As usual, it's a choice between spending nothing (yes, that's NOTHING) at the most in terms of net expenditure over the course of Ashley's tenure, and spending fucking fortunes, putting the final nail in the coffin of a once great club as they become the next Leeds/Portsmouth/Coventry.

There's no such thing as moderate spending each and every window to improve the squad and not leave massive gaps all over it.  It's one extreme or the other.  Bankruptcy or ridiculously over-zealous prudence, pick your side on this forum and make sure you stick to it.