Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Moyes continues his ascent up the Ladder Of c***s since moving to Old Trafford:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/23/david-moyes-marouane-fellaini-leighton-baines?CMP=twt_gu

David Moyes has claimed Everton's manager, Roberto Martínez, is holding back the careers of Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines by not allowing them to be sold to Manchester United.

The club had a £28m joint bid for the duo rejected by Everton last week, with Martínez intent that neither player is for sale. Moyes, who left Goodison Park to take over from Sir Alex Ferguson this summer, made it clear that he would not have stood in the players' way had he been in his old job.

However, the Scot conceded that during his own time in charge of Everton, Manchester City attempted to buy Joleon Lescott for an undervalued price, so he has some sympathy for Martínez.

"I definitely do but I also know that if I'd been Everton manager and Sir Alex had come asking for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini, I'd have found it very difficult to keep them because I always felt the right thing to do was what was right for the players," he said. Everton described their former manager's offer for the pair as "derisory and insulting" but Moyes said: "I signed every player at Everton, so I know a lot about them. They are a great club and they are both excellent players."

What a load of old bollocks.  Yeah, Dave, I'm sure if Fergie had given you a call offering £28m for Baines and Fellaini this time last year you would've been all, "Oh yes, of course, Sir Alex, of course I'll sell.  I mean, if it was anyone else but Manchester United then I'd tell you that I want to keep my best players and that you could get f***ed sideways with a large mallet, but seeing as you're calling as the manager from the Theatre Of Dreams no less, then how could I possibly turn your bid down?  I do have to bear in mind that I could financially and professionally enrich my star players beyond anything they could achieve at my poxy outfit, you know.  Just pop the cheque in the post and we'll get them sent by Next Day delivery for you."

hmm I don't seem to recall such words when Man City came knocking for Lescott, in fact I seem to recall a very irate scotsman. In fact........

"You just hope people will do things correctly, but that hasn't happened here," he said at the time.

"They should look at how Real Madrid tied up Cristiano Ronaldo by paying what United considered the right price and doing it in time for United to spend the money, if they wanted."

funny how time changes peoples opinions on things, but I'm sure he considerings £28m for Evertons 2 best players is perfectly acceptable and he'd have said the same thing 12 months ago................

Also Mr Moyes couldn't those same comments also be applied to a certain Wayne Rooney and his desire to go to Chelsea since he clearly doesn't want to stay and it would be in Rooneys best interests to leave?

NUFC Stats ‏@NUFC_Stats  46s 

RMC reporting that AC Milan & Napoli have been offered Mamadou Sakho, but have refused the offer. The player is available again

PX with Cabaye would do me. Think we need another CB and he covers other positions too.

Martino: "Bale to Madrid for around 100M? Bale is an excellent player but the rumoured fee shows a lack of respect for the world we live in"

Ripe double standards but :smitten:

:lol:

Bit double standard yes, but he does have a point. Bale being the most expensive player of all time is absolute garbage.

£90m for Bale

£30m for Özil

Is this a joke? If Real goes ahead with this I'll think Moyes will be laughing all the way to the bank. Imagine if Moyes could also get Mata and Rooney swap...

Özil - Mata - Kagawa

RvP

(never going to happen Froggy ;) )