Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Sanchez is a much more talented footballer than Pedro.  However, Pedro is just too well-trained under the Barca system and that his performance at Barca is just phenomenal. He really outplayed Henry and forced Bojan to leave in order to find some minutes on pitch. I think Pedro actually performs quite bad for Spain national team.  He is definitely not a world class player.  Just that at Barca he is second to Messi.

Not a good transfer I think UNLESS Villa is going to leave.  In that case it's a good deal.

Sanchez is a much more talented footballer than Pedro.  However, Pedro is just too well-trained under the Barca system and that his performance at Barca is just phenomenal. He really outplayed Henry and forced Bojan to leave in order to find some minutes on pitch.

I think Pedro actually performs quite bad for Spain national team.  He is definitely not a world class player.  Just that at Barca he is second to Messi.

Not a good transfer I think UNLESS Villa is going to leave.  In that case it's a good deal.

No, the whole point of this transfer is having 4 great attackers, not 3.

Sanchez is a much more talented footballer than Pedro.  However, Pedro is just too well-trained under the Barca system and that his performance at Barca is just phenomenal. He really outplayed Henry and forced Bojan to leave in order to find some minutes on pitch.

I think Pedro actually performs quite bad for Spain national team.  He is definitely not a world class player.  Just that at Barca he is second to Messi.

Not a good transfer I think UNLESS Villa is going to leave.  In that case it's a good deal.

38.5m for a bench player? I know Real Madrid always do that, but not Barca.

38.5m for a bench player? I know Real Madrid always do that, but not Barca.

Heard about rotation?

That's when you should blood in your youngsters, but not a 38.5m-rated player. Cesc is also a bench player and that's why you are unwilling to pay higher than 35m. 

That's when you should blood in your youngsters, but not a 38.5m-rated player. Cesc is also a bench player and that's why you are unwilling to pay higher than 35m. 

We don't produce that many forwards, we have already blooded Pedro and given up on Bojan. Next forward in line that can reasonably make it is Deulofeu who's 16. (That's one of the reasons we have signed Femenía).

I'm interested to know actually, do you guys really want Cesc? Like would you be that bothered if you didn't get him?

I think he's pretty important for our future, but not necessarily this season hence why Alexis was prioritised.

Yeah I can see how he'd be a big player for you guys in the future. I suppose with Cesc having his heart set on coming back to you, there's no real reason to rush it! Thanks for clearing that and the Abidal thing up btw :p

You not got a buy-back clause of any kind on Bojan?  :undecided:

He has, but we won't use it unless he starts banging in 20 goals per season. The board pretty much included it to save face since Bojan is still pretty popular amongst the fans (him being Catalan and wearing Barça's #9)

We don't produce that many forwards, we have already blooded Pedro and given up on Bojan. Next forward in line that can reasonably make it is Deulofeu who's 16. (That's one of the reasons we have signed Femenía).

That's why I said it's a bad transfer because you should keep Bojan instead of buying Sanchez and drop Pedro to the bench. What I think is Sanchez is the starting left wing for you, while Pedro would have time every match as a substitute.  The trouble begins when it's obvious that Pedro plays a lot better than Sanchez (since he is a lot more adapted to your system) and people thinks Pedro should start and Sanchez dropped to the bench. the 38.5m spend are wasted again.

In other words, the Zlatan case again. I actually thinks Zlatan could be a lot better in his 2nd season, but that's meaningless now.

Zlatan is amazing. "Good feet for a big man"

@YoungGunsBlog

"Some rumours in Costa Rica that Arsenal are back in for Joel Campbell. No quotes or anything as yet. We'll have to wait and see."

Frediel >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gomes

Who?

Brad Friedel looked average at best lest season, very slow and reactions starting to go.

Friedel spent last year veering between being awesome and being an absolute liability. He's rooted to his line these days.

If you'd taken a straw poll - and this was certainly the case with the people i talk to who sit near me - of Villa fans at the end of last year, there would have been almost unanimous agreement we needed a new goalkeeper.

That's why I was utterly amazed when Spurs gave him a two year contract.

Baffling.

Surely he isn't going to be your number one, is he?

Friedel does not make basic errors and is much more reliable than Gomes. I hope he's our number 1 next season.

He's more reliable than Gomes, but then again, so am I.

He might not drop clangers, but fucking hell, he's lacklustre for much of the time, and I genuinely can't believe you can't do better than that for your number one.