Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Nothing particularly wrong with the elite signing your best players because like it or not, it's inevitable in the end, but actually making an agreement with one of them stinks of small time imo.

If this the only partnership Spurs had signed up for I might have agreed with you.  But as this the 5th partnership (iirc) that Spurs have got running, I think Spurs must think they are getting something out of it as well.  Admittedly, the one with Internacional on the face of it doesn't seem to be working well with Leandro's transfer but it did get us Sandro.  The links with clubs from Brazil and  Croatia seem to be producing players, the American and Chinese ones may benefit marketing/exposure.  There was talk of links in Mexico and India as well, Spurs in partnerships is nothing new.

Never seen the hype over Sandro, or Huddlestone for that matter.

Sandro's got all the ability in the world but is a long way from being a top player. has never showed any consistency in his career and, even in his on form spells, is a player of good moments rather than good games - may well be yet another brazilian who just doesn't have the hunger and attitude for it.

So, where will Modric play at Madrid? Dropping Özil? Having Kaka seems even more pointless now.

They have been trying to sell Kaká all summer long, so he isn't in Mou's plans. I see Modric playing in the Alonso role (although I have neve seen him shine playing so deep for Spurs), and give Özil competition, since the German is very inconsistent and doesn't have great stamina. Modric adds needed depth in a couple positions where they didn't have it, really.

So, where will Modric play at Madrid? Dropping Özil? Having Kaka seems even more pointless now.

They have been trying to sell Kaká all summer long, so he isn't in Mou's plans. I see Modric playing in the Alonso role (although I have neve seen him shine playing so deep for Spurs), and give Özil competition, since the German is very inconsistent and doesn't have great stamina. Modric adds needed depth in a couple positions where they didn't have it, really.

Knew that about Kaka. Can't see them getting rid because of the transfer amount, though.

Can you see Mourinho dropping Alonso? I really can't. One of the most consistent and best players in recent years for RM imo.

I would have thought one of Özil or Modric would be playing on the wing from now on....

Alonso is undroppable, but he simply can't play every game. He looked really jaded towards the end of the season, and with the Euros he hasn't had a quiet summer either.

Shunting Özil and Modric to the wing is an option, but it will be done just on occasion methinks. No reason to drop Di María, who fits Mou's style much more.

Alonso is undroppable, but he simply can't play every game. He looked really jaded towards the end of the season, and with the Euros he hasn't had a quiet summer either.

Ok then. Fully agree with that, he really looked tired at times last season - as some more players because JM likes to play his 12, 13 or 14 same players every game.

Tottenham submit bid for Yann M'Vila from Rennes‎

BBC Sport - 7 minutes ago

By David Ornstein BBC Sport. Tottenham have submitted a bid to sign 22-year-old France midfielder Yann M'Vila from Rennes, according to the Ligue 1

Guest neesy111

Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty

So Spurs have bid for Yann M'Vila and Lyon reveal they reopened negotiations yesterday for keeper Hugo Lloris. Levy & AVB getting busy.

Lloris would be an excellent signing for them

Why do they need another keeper?

Freidel

Cudicini

Gomes

All on the books at Spurs still.

So Spurs have bid for Yann M'Vila and Lyon reveal they reopened negotiations yesterday for keeper Hugo Lloris. Levy & AVB getting busy.

Freidel

Cudicini

Gomes

Old

Old, testicles still stuck to a motorcycle

Dodgy

Freidel

Cudicini

Gomes

Old

Old, testicles still stuck to a motorcycle

Dodgy

:spit:

Freidel

Cudicini

Gomes

Gomes is a liability, Cudicini is 3 years past it and Freidel is about to turn (well really should have by now but somehow manages to keep up his ability)

I'd say a steady keeper is exactly what they need.

Luckily for Spurs they are a well run club and i doubt any of those GK's are on massive wages.

They do need a long term GK, Lloris would be a fantastic signing and from a Newcastle POV i hope they don't get him.

i do, keeps away any rumours of krul going there

Luckily for Spurs they are a well run club and i doubt any of those GK's are on massive wages.

They do need a long term GK, Lloris would be a fantastic signing and from a Newcastle POV i hope they don't get him.

i do, keeps away any rumours of krul going there

Ah good point, still he's quality and would rather see them go for someone a bit worse.