Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Cech has been distinctly average for the past few years, a couple of good performances in the CL semis/final shouldn't change that.

He had a great season this year, league and Europe.

Cech has been distinctly average for the past few years, a couple of good performances in the CL semis/final shouldn't change that.

He had a great season this year, league and Europe.

Would'nt go that far he was a bit shit before the Semi's against Barca..... was fantastic in the semis and final mind.

I believe that difference between goalkeepers at the top level is smaller than any other position. It is not a position I would spend massive amounts to replace.

I think they're undervalued if anything.

Guest je85

I believe that difference between goalkeepers at the top level is smaller than any other position. It is not a position I would spend massive amounts to replace.

Yeah definately an undervalued position.

Although 6th most expensive goalkeeper ever Craig Gordon may disagree.

It is hard to quantify, but in the majority of matches I watch the goalkeeper has little to no effect on the outcome of the match and the vast majority of attempts on goal are ones that would be saved by almost every keeper or ones that are unlikely to be saved by anyone. I do think the keeper is underrated in terms of his role in distribution and aerial control of the box, but the shot-stopping aspect (and even the role of mistakes, which all keepers seems to make) seems overly valued, imo, without much separation once you reach the top tier professional leagues. In general, most teams have five or six players more useful in preventing goals than the keeper.

okay is eden hazard really that fucking good?

hes scored 20 goals (10 of which were penalties) in 38 games, in the french league. THE FUCKING FRENCH LEAGUE.

yes i see he also has a lot of assists, i'm sure hes a good player but he's behaving like he's pele. messi and cron both got 60+ goals in a higher standard league.

is he really good enough to justify him hyping himself so much and all these clubs fighting over him? for those that have actually seen him?

The FUCKING FRENCH league who produces stars like Drogba, Essien, Benzema, Nasri, Ronaldinho, nevermind our Cabaye? :idiot2:

so...it still of a lower standard 3-4 other leagues in Europe.

As far as Potential and Talent goes Hazard is up there with the likes of Neymar as young forwards in world football

And he's probably more complete and proven than Neymar..... so to answer the question yes he is good infact very good.

Also i would'nt usually advise basing how good someone is or could be on assist or goals return....

Messi's goal return was'nt that great at the same age either..... not for one minute saying he's in that bracket but both Ronaldo and Messi didnt really explode until around 21 or 22 anyway.

This has been the season where Hazard exploded and i do expect him to get worldwide recognition come the end of the upcoming season.

As far as Potential and Talent goes Hazard is up there with the likes of Neymar as young forwards in world football

And he's probably more complete and proven than Neymar..... so to answer the question yes he is good infact very good.

Also i would'nt usually advise basing how good someone is or could be on assist or goals return....

Messi's goal return was'nt that great at the same age either..... not for one minute saying he's in that bracket but both Ronaldo and Messi didnt really explode until around 21 or 22 anyway.

This has been the season where Hazard exploded and i do expect him to get worldwide recognition come the end of the upcoming season.

Shame he's going to Chelsea then. :yao:

The FUCKING FRENCH league who produces stars like Drogba, Essien, Benzema, Nasri, Ronaldinho, nevermind our Cabaye? :idiot2:

Why do you think all of those players fucked off?

Because they are very good. Hence the league produces very good players. Ergo Hazard is probably very good.

The f***ing FRENCH league who produces stars like Drogba, Essien, Benzema, Nasri, Ronaldinho, nevermind our Cabaye? :idiot2:

Why do you think all of those players f***ed off?

Combination of money and not enough hype or recognition in France..... Ligue 1 is a very good standard of league its no Eredivisie its probably the 5th best league in the world anyone that performs there consistently i would have confidence in performing in La Liga, Serie A or EPL....

I use the word consistently for a reason because there has been a few one season wonders over the years like Gignac....

It is a very good league though, i mean half of our team came from there at some point lol.