Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Gladbach are 5 times German Champions, twice UEFA Cup winners and once European Cup finalists. They have CL football and play infront of bigger crowds that all but 2 Premier League clubs.

What a shit move Jnr, should have gone to QPR m8.

I know a lot of us would've liked Hoilett but I'm not that gutted tbh. He has ability but there was something about him that didn't seem right - what's his attitude like? I remember his diving against us at Ewood.

I think this is my favourite.

Dominic ‏@DomaSAFC

Junior Hoilett going to Russia what a joke #moneychasers why would you not want to play in the best league in the world #joke

I know a lot of us would've liked Hoilett but I'm not that gutted tbh. He has ability but there was something about him that didn't seem right - what's his attitude like? I remember his diving against us at Ewood.

I've been told he has a great attitude by some Blackburn fans, not sure how much they know though.

Guest Spark

Regan Knight ‏@reagss11x

Junior hoilett left blackburn, not to join a good team like swansea/QPR but a team worse then blackburn Borussia Monchengladbach #NoAmbition

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

My god :lol:

Can't be serious.

Are any of those source legit? Find it hard to believe he would go there. No disrespect to Gladbach but surely he's had much better options, even better options than QPR and Swansea.

hoilett's played in germany before as well.

as for wanting him here - he looks very dangerous and obviously talented, just don't think he gets involved in other aspects of the game outside the final third. not talking about tracking back either - but things like showing for the ball, getting involved in possession, off the ball movement etc. he's very direct and that's pretty much his entire game.

hoilett's played in germany before as well.

as for wanting him here - he looks very dangerous and obviously talented, just don't think he gets involved in other aspects of the game outside the final third. not talking about tracking back either - but things like showing for the ball, getting involved in possession, off the ball movement etc. he's very direct and that's pretty much his entire game.

Aye I agree, made this post in the Ba thread:

People keep mentioning that Hoilett and Moses would fit our system better.

I disagree. Hoilett in particular while I think he's talented doesn't appear to me to be a particular fit to any system, because he plays the game in his own bubble. Wanders about deserting team shape and position, doesn't offer anything off the ball or going back over defensively and generally just doesn't appear to understand the concepts of a functioning team nevermind a particular system. On MOTD you'll see the stuff he tries coming off but you won't see any of the many times he gives it away through dribbling into an opposition player, playing a poor pass or when he costs the team indirectly simply through not doing the basics off the ball.

Moses is similar but Martinez has got him more well drilled and his work rate off the ball is superior to Hoilett's. I think they're both talented footballers who I'd like to see us bring into the squad if the price was right but I'm not sure why people see them as viable, sure-fire replacements for Ba. Both have lots of faults, are still very raw and are a long way from their peaks as players. Both are also incapable of playing through the middle and don't offer anywhere near the consistent goalthreat that Ba does. Quite simply they're just not as good or as well-rounded a footballer yet as Ba is - not even close, even if on the face of it they might appear to be rounder pegs for the 4-3-3.

Regan Knight ‏@reagss11x

Junior hoilett left blackburn, not to join a good team like swansea/QPR but a team worse then blackburn Borussia Monchengladbach #NoAmbition

I think this is my favourite.

Dominic ‏@DomaSAFC

Junior Hoilett going to Russia what a joke #moneychasers why would you not want to play in the best league in the world #joke

Possibly a joke, but wouldn't rule out the second being serious, mackems don't know what or where Europe is.

Click the trends and literally every post is like that.

Like this:

Iain Weir ‏@IainWeir1988

Why's Junior Hoilett signed for Borussia Monchengladbach when could've signed for someone like Spurs who could offer CL football next season

:lol:

Guest gggg

Regan Knight ‏@reagss11x

He's only 11 ffs

Click the trends and literally every post is like that.

Like this:

Iain Weir ‏@IainWeir1988

Why's Junior Hoilett signed for Borussia Monchengladbach when could've signed for someone like Spurs who could offer CL football next season

:lol:

What an absolute fool :lol: Idiocy and ignorance in the same tweet, quite the representative of the Twitter public tbh.