Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I think he is a much better player than Henderson. In that context 12.5m is a steal.

I've genuinely not seen much of him, but even when I watched Swansea last season he was hardly miles above the rest. What are the stand out attributes that make him a 12 million pound player?

He's got a British passport.

I think he is a much better player than Henderson. In that context 12.5m is a steal.

I've genuinely not seen much of him, but even when I watched Swansea last season he was hardly miles above the rest. What are the stand out attributes that make him a 12 million pound player?

Ah, that must be it. I know statistics are hardly the be all and end all, but in this link a Liverpool fan has compared Allen to Henderson, Adam and Modric. To me, he doesn't seem a step up from the former 2 based on these stats:

http://www.theliverpoolword.com/2012/07/liverpool-transfer-target-joe-allen-what-would-he-bring-to-lfc/

Ah, that must be it. I know statistics are hardly the be all and end all, but in this link a Liverpool fan has compared Allen to Henderson, Adam and Modric. To me, he doesn't seem a step up from the former 2 based on these stats:

http://www.theliverpoolword.com/2012/07/liverpool-transfer-target-joe-allen-what-would-he-bring-to-lfc/

He looks neat and tidy but nothing out of the ordinary from the little I've seen of him. £13m is just ridiculous.

He's a good player, neat and tidy. What really sets him apart from other British players is that he can retain possession under pressure and still make a good pass.

To be quite fair, £12m for a player who was fundamental to the way Swansea played under Rogers (i.e. 30+ passes sideways/backwards per move) is a no-brainer, as Rogers can guarantee that someone in the middle of the park will do what he wants.

To be quite fair, £12m for a player who was fundamental to the way Swansea played under Rogers (i.e. 30+ passes sideways/backwards per move) is a no-brainer, as Rogers can guarantee that someone in the middle of the park will do what he wants.

That's a fair point I suppose, and it could be construed as the Liverpool owners backing their new manager in implementing a different style of play, but it would also pretty much mean last year's significant investment in Henderson and/or Adam is pretty much down the toilet (similar to the Carroll investment being pretty much a write off after Rodger's loaning out comments). That makes it a huge gamble if you'd ask me, because the success of the move is completely dependent on Rodger's ability to get Liverpool results playing his preferred style of play (possession at all cost), which is far from guaranteed as NUFC have proven last season how effective a defensive, direct counter attacking approach can frustrate it. From the perspective of the Liverpool owners, I would only sanction this move if one or both of Henderson and Adam could be sold to pay for this deal, and I would also have asked how Rodgers planned to make use of the tools already at his disposal when they interviewed him for the job.

they already have 3 backup keepers

FYP

http://nothingbutnewcastle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Jose-Enrique-goalkeeper.jpg

Look at jay Spearings body posture  :lol:

The horrible little fucking scouse triffid.

:lol: Can you imagine whats going through his head as he puts those gloves on.

The beauty of that moment. "Theyll never challenge top 5". Ends up in goal 2-0 down in a game that puts us joint 5th. So coincidentally perfect.