Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

iirc there was a stat saying City's win percentage last season was much poorer without Lescott than without Kompany.

The 'Lescott relies on Kompany' view is extremely lazy. Also shows how ignorant people are to just how good the Lescott/Jagielka partnership was before Jags' serious knee injury in May 2009. I wouldn't have swapped them for any other pairing in the league back then.

There's also a stat that we have won over 60% of our games with Williamson, it really doesn't mean anything. Also as i mentioned before Lescott got hype at Everton based off the season where he scored over 10 goals as a LB which is where most of his good and consistent performances came.

I'm not denying Lescott is a good defender, he is but he isn't CL level as last season showed and Agger is as he's shown many times.

I really get the feeling Agger is not rated on here because A. he plays for Liverpool B. He's constantly injured.

Lescott is a lot like Vermealen IMO, two defenders who are technically good and score a decent amount of goals for a defender but both are in a positional sense wise very rash, it's funny Agger's supposed lack of positional sense is brought up because that's the exact thing Lescott struggles with.

Totally, totally, totally wrong.

Baffled as to why you are trying to tell me about his best performances at Everton when I'm a season ticket holder there.  :dowie:

Does'nt mean your right though does it  :lol: just like you could correct me something about Newcastle doesn't automatically mean you would be wrong.

The season when Lescott scored 10+ goals he played the majority at LB because Baines was injured ( only making 20 appearances) and he got a lot of hype through his goalscoring performances and you had Yobo and Jags at CB for the majority of games.

Which is one of the reasons City spent all that money on him, he actually was used as a LB at City at first because of this before they decided to buy some natural LB's.

It wasn't the season he left, he still had another season at Everton but that was the season that got people interested in the first place.... the following season he played CB.

His best performances were at CB, not LB. I know because I watched every minute of every game he played, a hell of a lot of them in person. Did you?

The season you're banging on about when he got 10 goals, he rotated between CB & LB. Moyes brought Yobo in because Valente was being phased out and Baines just wasn't trusted yet by Moyes, not injured as you keep saying. The previous season Lescott was CB all year and won Players' Player of the Season.

He started off as CB at City, rotating with Kompany. He played LB later on iirc because Kolo Toure was captain so the manager wouldn't drop him when Kompany came into his own. It was also before Kolarov & Clichy signed.

Guest Howaythetoon

Either way, Lescott is without doubt a top-class CB who would walk into most sides. He's an all-rounder type of CB which you hope is the kind we will try to develop as a nation in the coming decades over your Terry type of CB's.

Dempsey forcing a move away from Fulham by refusing to travel with the team.

My favorite player, twat move though. Honor your contract as a player. Same shit with Modric the other week.

Either way, Lescott is without doubt a top-class CB who would walk into most sides. He's an all-rounder type of CB which you hope is the kind we will try to develop as a nation in the coming decades over your Terry type of CB's.

Why, because he's less of a cunt?

My favorite player, t*** move though. Honor your contract as a player. Same s*** with Modric the other week.

I don't see why footballers should feel obligated to play for one club when others desire their services. Fulham can relinquish his wages if he refuses to play. Selling him would be the more intelligent move, though.

My favorite player, t*** move though. Honor your contract as a player. Same s*** with Modric the other week.

I don't see why footballers should feel obligated to play for one club when others desire their services. Fulham can relinquish his wages if he refuses to play. Selling him would be the more intelligent move, though.

Because he signed a contract. "I agree to play for you for x years while you pay me a huge wodge of cash." It's not rocket science, and he didn't have a gun to his head.

Because he signed a contract. "I agree to play for you for x years while you pay me a huge wodge of cash." It's not rocket science, and he didn't have a gun to his head.

They can't win though really. When they plan to run down their contract and become a free agent they are criticised as well. Fans especially seem to disprove of this.

Footballers are incredibly privileged members of society, who earn truly vast amounts of money for doing something they love. They're extremely lucky.

The absolute very least they could do is keep their side of the bargain and play games.

Guest Archie

Footballers are incredibly privileged members of society, who earn truly vast amounts of money for doing something they love. They're extremely lucky.

The absolute very least they could do is keep their side of the bargain and play games.

Lucky or extremely talented, worked since the age of 5 and having absolutely sweet FA life aside from fotball. Career usually done by 30 as well, so they have to figure out some way of securing the next 50 years financially.

I envy them obviously but I fully understand how they would try to engineer moves that secures them a better pay. Its a job for them, they are not club fans.

Lucky or extremely talented, worked since the age of 5 and having absolutely sweet FA life aside from fotball. Career usually done by 30 as well, so they have to figure out some way of securing the next 50 years financially.

I envy them obviously but I fully understand how they would try to engineer moves that secures them a better pay. Its a job for them, they are not club fans.

I'm sure lots footballers have some sort of financial adviser behind them telling them where to invest their money. Besides, they could pack in at 30 and still draw from their account every week what most of us would earn in a month.  Don't think the next 50 years would be a worry tbh, certainly not for many established top-flight players.

They can use the huge wads of cash they are given to invest them wisely and secure themselves a means of living, instead of spending them in tacky cars and mansions. A lot of times they are badly counseled on that regard, mind, I think part of the work of a PFA is helping them on that regard.

Plus any moderately successful footballer can easily secure a coaching job.

I understand that they want better moves, too.

What I don't agree with is stamping their feet, refusing to go on tours and refusing to play matches in order to get them.

Even a mediocre player on PL wages for most of his career will earn enough by 30 to never have to work again.

Guest neesy111

They can use the huge wads of cash they are given to invest them wisely and secure themselves a means of living, instead of spending them in tacky cars and mansions. A lot of times they are badly counseled on that regard, mind, I think part of the work of a PFA is helping them on that regard.

Invest money in the Spanish Property or Stock Market....

:yao:

Invest money in the Spanish Property or Stock Market....

:yao:

*sharp intake of breath*

http://gifsoup.com/view3/1222039/zlatan-laugh-o.gif