Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

In what sense?  Good transfer for the player and the club IMO.

Yep.

Expensive obviously but he's probably the best striker in the league. He's not going to play for buttons. Quality costs.

true but not sure he's worth that, time will tell.

Football is depressing sometimes, Arsenal keep patience with him through years of injury prone campaigns, he has one great season and he's immediately off for megabucks. Way to repay faith shown in him. I hope Krul winds him up next time we play him so much his head explodes.

Guest palnese

It's a baffling signing, although I'm excited at the prospect of Rooney and RvP together. How will he fit Kagawa, Nani, Young and Valencia around that though? Even just three of those...

Rotation.

It's a baffling signing, although I'm excited at the prospect of Rooney and RvP together. How will he fit Kagawa, Nani, Young and Valencia around that though? Even just three of those...

Rotation.

Two of those expensive, top class midfielders on the bench all the time. And that's forgetting the young careers of Cleverley, Hernandez and Welbeck. Meanwhile, Rafael will play at right back.

Guest BooBoo

I must admit I don't scrutinise football as much as I used to but last year Joe Allen barely registered on my radar. Liverpool are paying £15million for him? Is Freddie Shepherd running that circus?

Eh, how's it baffling?  I don't get this. :lol:

Man Utd trying to keep up with the likes of Man City and Chelsea so they sign last season's player of the year to help them on their way.  Good fit for both sides if his fitness stays the way of last season and not the way of a lot of his career before that.

Man Utd trying to keep up with the likes of Man City and Chelsea so they sign last season's player of the year to help them on their way.  Good fit for both sides if his fitness stays the way of last season and not the way of a lot of his career before that.

i don't get how he's excited ?

Because they don't need a striker and ignoring the obvious weaklinks in midfield and at fullback to massage their ego.

Without mentioning they have spent close to 20m on a AM this summer and he will be played out of position because of this proposed signing.

Signing quality you actually need for the team then fair enough, but there's much more pressing issues for them than signing a striker.

i don't get how he's excited ?

Well I don't like Man United either, but they're miles ahead of us whether they buy Van Persie or not. As a football fan, I may as well enjoy seeing two world-class players become strike partners.

And they were already fine up front. They scored plenty of goals last season, so that wasn't the problem. At the end of the day they were a Sergio Aguero 94th minute goal away from being champions.

Football is depressing sometimes, Arsenal keep patience with him through years of injury prone campaigns, he has one great season and he's immediately off for megabucks. Way to repay faith shown in him. I hope Krul winds him up next time we play him so much his head explodes.

Not depressing for me, I find it hilarious. Apart from the fact it gives the Arse a lot of money. The bonus for me is that it makes it less likely Fergie will try to snatch Modric.

Those wages make me physically sick though. He could buy our house with three days' pay. Fuck off.

If Van Persie does go to Man U, would love to see the c*** fail miserably (unlikely though).

think man city have the better squad still but i dont rate mancini, should have won the title at a canter last season.