Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I thought Felliani would be the one to move, much better player than Rodwell.

Aye, Fellaini is mint.

Fellaini would have made much more sense to City, improvement on Barry and a reliable back up to Yaya if he were to get injured.

I understand City would want a improvement on Barry and someone who could cover Yaya but Rodwell is really capable of neither.

Makes very little sense to me.

I guess that is why Moyes was at the Etihad the other day. I wouldn't be suprised to see someone go the other way, is Jo still a city player?

Nah, been back in Brazil for a while. City just wrote him off IIRC, as you do with your £18m signings.

I guess the plus points for Everton are money in the bank for someone who isn't a regular and it gives Barkley more of a prominent role and he's supposed to be class. Money to pay the debtors/buy a couple too.

Hopefully for England's sake Rodwell doesn't just fade into obscurity at City and gets a fair of game time, could be an important player in years to come.

Would've made more sense to go to Man Utd though.

Stinks of City responding to losing out on Van Persie to Man United.

Do they just not need more "Home grown" players? They don't have many English players. Hart, Richards, Milner, Barry?

Stinks of City responding to losing out on Van Persie to Man United.

Do they just not need more "Home grown" players? They don't have many English players. Hart, Richards, Milner, Barry?

Maybe Milner & Adam Johnson will leave as rumoured, and Barry will be taken out back and shot which is the only humane thing to do.

If the reports of £15-20m are right then that's a good deal for us as long as Moyes gets the money.

Rodwell has got everything.Technique, athleticism and versatility. What he's never shown is any heart or guts and that's why he never fulfilled his potential & nailed down a place with us. Have big doubts he will fulfill it at City either unless something drastically changes in his mentality. He's far too content to just float around not doing much of anything while games pass him by.

Surprised he didn't go last summer when Man Utd were reportedly very interested. Probably would've got more for him then.

He has a lot of talent - and I mean a lot - but simply hasn't developed as he should have - admittedly he's had very bad luck with injuries. Hope he realises his potential but again, but surprised he's gone to Man City.

Have a feeling the fee won't be absolutely massive (as it might have been last year), as although they have stupid amounts of money, they'll be smart enough to know a) he has injury problems and b) we could really do with the money. At a guess, I'd say a little under £15m.

All in all it should be a good deal for us, providing Moyes sees it.

Edit: 1878 makes a good point about his mentality. I know he's young but considering the natural talent he has, he's bizarrely afraid of making his mark on games and really dominating him - he has the ability to do so.

Lescott, Johnson, Clichy and K. Toure are all 'home-grown' too.

K Toure is off though isn't he? Can't believe Johnson is going to stay there another year, such a waste of talent.

Lescott, Johnson, Clichy and K. Toure are all 'home-grown' too.

K Toure is off though isn't he? Can't believe Johnson is going to stay there another year, such a waste of talent.

Yeah, just checked and Kolo isn't actually anyway.

My everton mate is pretty pissed at it, though resigned that someone has to go to keep the club afloat every window

Your Everton mate is obviously a bit pessimistic. In an ideal world I'd want to keep him as he's got all the tools to be great, but the reality is he's had big injury problems and hasn't developed as he should have. £15m-ish for a player like that who is hardly a first-team regular is good business.

If the reports of £15-20m are right then that's a good deal for us as long as Moyes gets the money.

Rodwell has got everything.Technique, athleticism and versatility. What he's never shown is any heart or guts and that's why he never fulfilled his potential & nailed down a place with us. Have big doubts he will fulfill it at City either unless something drastically changes in his mentality. He's far too content to just float around not doing much of anything while games pass him by.

Sounds a bit like Jenas when he was at us.

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2008/03/jenasreactsR_450x300.jpg