Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I said 3 players because i feel that's what they have done. They know a multi-talented a player like RVP can't be replaced with 1 player.

They are hoping Giroud and Podolski provide the goals he provide who something close to it and Cazorla replaced his creativity.

The thing about RVP last season wasn't just his goals but he created so much for others too.

Giroud can't create things for others like RVP can so they are basically getting Cazorla to replace the creative side an Giroud and Podolski to replace the goal threat.

Time will tell if between the 3 of them they can replace the goals RVP scored and created but i think that's what Arsenal are gambling on.

I think they have tbh, Cazorla, Podolski and Sahin are quite frankly all better players than they had in those positions last season.

RVP is a big loss and goalscoring will have to be spread out across the board instead of just the CF but as a team i think they are better.

if RVP was the CF in this team they would probably be title challengers, now they are not because of this but i still think they have improved.

Replacing Rosicky, Ramsey and Song with Cazorla, Podolski and Sahin is an upgrade IMO.

Arsenal Top 10 Goals 2011-2012 @ that video site.

I rest my case. I didn't even realise just how instrumental Song was.

Am I talking bollocks or is Sahin not an attacking mid?  Surely they have enough of those and need someone to sit at the back like M'Vila.

Sahin does sit back but he's not a tackler or defensive midfielder. Mourinho said he needed to toughen up last seasno so i imagine there will be an adjustment period for him.

Am I talking bollocks or is Sahin not an attacking mid?  Surely they have enough of those and need someone to sit at the back like M'Vila.

Sahin is basically an Alonso clone, except he's better in tight spaces and is better at dealing with being pressed.

Sahin is basically an Alonso clone, except he's better in tight spaces and is better at dealing with being pressed.

But vastly inferior.

Of course he's about 10 years younger.

So I was talking bollocks.  I think that Arsenal could do well with a couple of signings.  I like Cazorla and Podolski (find it odd some people getting on his back already in the media),I think Giroud is a risk but I think Gervinho will improve this season.  If they sign a couple of good midfielders and Wilshere comes back soon they'll do well.  Not sure I like either of their left backs though.

maybe wengers decided to try and spread the goals around rather than rely on one player, aim for double figures from 4-5 players...not beyond the realms of possibility, won't matter a fuck if they don't tighten up at the back though

everyone fucking knows they need a destroyer in midfield and they need one now, in fact they probably need to two but maybe 1+ ramsay and wilshere in midfield with a variation of the multitude of AM's he's got will find a winning formula

If your midfield don't press the ball intelligently and thoroughly, your defence will always come under extreme pressure. Our pre-Cabaye/Tiote history is proof of that. Arsenal's CBs are decent players IMO, they just need to defend as a team more.

I agree with those who think Arsenal may drop off this season. They're hugely reliant on a number of new attacking players with no Premiership experience hitting the ground running really, while their defense (which should have been their priority*) remains as shaky as always. Could go either way, but wouldn't surprise me to see them struggle and fail to make the top 4. They've been on the decline for a few years and if things don't click for them in the early part of the season the pressure on Wenger and the squad will be immense I'd imagine. Could well be the end of an era.

Edit: * it wouldn't surprise me if this is the reason RvP finally decided to throw in the towel. The defense has been their achilles heel for a good few seasons now and has been systematically ignored by Wenger. They were at a stage where they were not challenging realistically for top honours anymore (in the league), which they really should have been based on their attacking prowess.

I agree with those who think Arsenal may drop off this season. They're hugely reliant on a number of new attacking players with no Premiership experience hitting the ground running really, while their defense (which should have been their priority) remains as shaky as always. Could go either way, but wouldn't surprise me to see them struggle and fail to make the top 4. They've been on the decline for a few years and if things don't click for them in the early part of the season the pressure on Wenger and the squad will be immense I'd imagine. Could well be the end of an era.

same thing is said every year ... they will click and bounce back. There is an abundance of quality in that squad. Far more than in our own. Wenger is a very good tactician, he will assess his squad and configure a game plan that works for them.

Individually the defence is fine, their defenders are good enough for France, Germany and Belgium but not good enough for Arsenal?

Nope not for me, their problem is system based.

Also the premier league experience argument doesn't wash with me, you would of thought after all the players we have bought with no PL experience over last few years people would have learnt by now that if your good enough it means absolutely nothing.

Still think they will comfortably finish top 4.

Carzola is more than good enough to keep them amongst the elite. Top player. Goals could be a worry but i do think Giroud will find his shooting boots and score a few this season.

To be fair I don't know that much about Carzola, but even if he is world class he still needs to settle in at Arsenal and the Premiership. I also think from the little I've seen from him he's not the answer to their biggest problems, which are defensive frailty and a top goal scorer (after the departure of RvP). He would have to be Messi-like to be able to guarantee their place amongst the elite in my opinion, which I don't think he is. I don't see Arsenal as realistic title challengers (like Man U, Man City and Chelsea), so they're in the mix for fourth alongside Spurs and maybe (hopefully) us.