Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Individually the defence is fine, their defenders are good enough for France, Germany and Belgium but not good enough for Arsenal?

Nope not for me, their problem is system based.

Also the premier league experience argument doesn't wash with me, you would of thought after all the players we have bought with no PL experience over last few years people would have learnt by now that if your good enough it means absolutely nothing.

Still think they will comfortably finish top 4.

I think Konscielny is a great defender as is Sagna. But Vermaelan is more of a goal scoring centre-half and gets caught out of position a fair bit. German fans can not stand Mertersaker, they think he is shit. as do Asrenal fans.

I agree with those who think Arsenal may drop off this season. They're hugely reliant on a number of new attacking players with no Premiership experience hitting the ground running really, while their defense (which should have been their priority) remains as shaky as always. Could go either way, but wouldn't surprise me to see them struggle and fail to make the top 4. They've been on the decline for a few years and if things don't click for them in the early part of the season the pressure on Wenger and the squad will be immense I'd imagine. Could well be the end of an era.

same thing is said every year ... they will click and bounce back. There is an abundance of quality in that squad. Far more than in our own. Wenger is a very good tactician, he will assess his squad and configure a game plan that works for them.

I'm a big fan of Wenger, I love the style he gets them to play and I think he develops talent superbly well. However, I really don't think he's an excellent tactician. He gets good movement and has so many fast players with good technique that going forward, they're a great side. However, his spending in the market and the amount of times he buys 17 year olds when he should be buying full professionals makes me wonder what's going through his head. Really don't think the dynamics of their team have been balanced for about 7 years and last season they were incredibly fortunate to finish where they did. Take out RVP and replace him with an ok striker, they'd have finished 7th/8th

Individually the defence is fine, their defenders are good enough for France, Germany and Belgium but not good enough for Arsenal?

Nope not for me, their problem is system based.

Also the premier league experience argument doesn't wash with me, you would of thought after all the players we have bought with no PL experience over last few years people would have learnt by now that if your good enough it means absolutely nothing.

Still think they will comfortably finish top 4.

It's not just the lack of experience in the Premiership, they have a completely new (foreign, so yes, also getting used to the pace of the Premiership) attacking 6 (even the players that were there before will need to get to know their new team mates). They have zero continuity and will be under significant pressure if they don't hit the ground running, especially Wenger. It could all fall into place, but it also has the potential to fall apart spectacularly. We'll have to wait and see I guess.

I think one of the reasons i refuse to be decieved by Arsenal any more is because every year since Vieira left it is said they won't finish top 4 and every year they do.

They have been in a lot weaker positions than this before and still proved people wrong like last season for example they were so weak they had to buy 5 or 6 on deadline day.

They are much stronger now then their were then, quite rightly said it could go all wrong but i don't think it will as you said wait and see i suppose.

Numerous years on the trot Arsenal have consistently failed to win games they should, e.g. the opening game this season. See absolutely nothing to suggest that will change this year. Once again they won't impose themselves sufficiently in games where they have a superior team and how things are going to improve without the man who got most (over half?) of your goals last season is beyond me. Same old.

Numerous years on the trot Arsenal have consistently failed to win games they should, e.g. the opening game this season. See absolutely nothing to suggest that will change this year. Once again they won't impose themselves sufficiently in games where they have a superior team and how things are going to improve without the man who got most (over half?) of your goals last season is beyond me. Same old.

Yup, the chance Giroud had is one RvP would have put away last season. All it takes is a couple wins turning into draws like the opener and they'll be out of the top 4.

You'd have thought Sinclair would have learnt after Chelsea. Must just be for the money, disappointing.

Exactly my thoughts. No sympathy when he moves on in 2 or 3 years as he complains his careers stagnated.

Guest bimpy474

Agree with the above posters, why go there to play as a sub a few times a season. Just mental (money it would seem).

Sinclair wants his fucking head checked, Rodwell too for that matter.

Why do players never learn the lesson of those before them?

I'm sure they're well aware of the footballing demise ahead of them. Fucking tragic; despicable club. There goes another England hopeful.

If you don't believe you're good enough, you probably won't make it in football. I'm sure Sinclair believes he's good enough to start for City. It won't only be the money. It's the same reason Simpson has talked about making the England squad. These guys believe they're good, even if they're shit.

Not exactly going to help your national team this. Richards, Johnson, Sturridge, Rodwell and now Sinclair should all be playing regular football at this stage of their careers.

I am desperate for John Guidetti to sign for someone else as well. Horrid environment for young players.