Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I find it mental how in the modern era a club can have shit loads of money to actually invest in a great squad, but insist on going down the tried, tested and failed route of not actually setting up a proper scouting system/transfer plan and just buying a load of over-rated shite and hopeless journeymen. We really are blessed to have been one of the few who seem to have sussed a decent system out.

We all know what is going to happen with QPR as it's happened fucking dozens of times before.

I find it mental how in the modern era a club can have s*** loads of money to actually invest in a great squad, but insist on going down the tried, tested and failed route of not actually setting up a proper scouting system/transfer plan and just buying a load of over-rated s**** and hopeless journeymen. We really are blessed to have been one of the few who seem to have sussed a decent system out.

We all know what is going to happen with QPR as it's happened f***ing dozens of times before.

I agree with all this, find it rather amusing. In this day and age everyone just thinks going abroad is a gamble because they might not adapt to the premier league. Then they go out and buy injury prone players from the premier league or players who haven't had any sort of form for about 2 years or who have been bench warming. Ming boggling.

I find it mental how in the modern era a club can have shit loads of money to actually invest in a great squad, but insist on going down the tried, tested and failed route of not actually setting up a proper scouting system/transfer plan and just buying a load of over-rated shite and hopeless journeymen. We really are blessed to have been one of the few who seem to have sussed a decent system out.

We all know what is going to happen with QPR as it's happened fucking dozens of times before.

QPR's activity this window almost makes me wish we still had Smudge and Lovenkrands with one-year left on their contracts :bluestar:

I rather Lovernkrands on a 1 year contract than Michael Dawson on a 5 year contract tbh.

:kinnear:

What's so odd, I would want neither at the club so would prefer the one that we would be paying less too for a far shorter period of time. Actually thinking about it you're right, fucking mental that.

It isn't the kind of signing that's going to push a club on. Not that it's totally shambolic by any means, just completely uninspired, like most of QPR's signings in the past year.

Really don't mind that transfer at all, I don't think he's a top four striker. He destroyed us at White Hart Lane and has some amazing matches in a season but he goes missing too much for me. The Modric loss will significantly reduce their offensive skill that it'll have a big knock on effect to all the remaining oplayers

Bad news for us that signing. Adebayor was excellent for them last season

Agreed but i also agree Gbandit that without Modric his effectiveness will be more limited.

One of the keys was getting Adebayor in or replacing him with someone of equal/better quality, the other key was replacing Modric properly.

If they do that then they are a team to be very concerned about, if not then they might struggle more than last year.

Fair play to the spuds they don't half fleece other teams. Didn't they manage to make a profit on Pienaar. He hardly played at Spurs so you would expect his value to go down.

Hughes is a moron spending £10m on Dawson. Dawson is no mug but £10 million???

Fair play to the spuds they don't half fleece other teams. Didn't they manage to make a profit on Pienaar. He hardly played at Spurs so you would expect his value to go down.

We made a profit on Pienaar because he was near the end of his contract at Everton, no magic there. As I said before, everyone ultimately did OK.

10M for Dawson would be fucking magic. 5.5M would be faintly disappointing. I'd be happier keeping Dawson as cover, but if we are keeping Gallas then that sounds manageable. Kaboul, Vertonghen, Gallas, Caulker is fine by me, and I'd like to see another kid come in (we don't have any more young CBs who are even close to ready).

Dawson and - most obviously - Bassong just don't fit with AVB's requirements. Kaboul, Vertonghen and Caulker are all young, strong, and mobile CBs who can play on the ground. Dawson and Bassong...well. Other players supposedly on the way out include Jenas and Rose, which suggests that AVB is (a) no fool (b) knows exactly what he wants from his players. Hudd would be a pity, but as you found out yesterday AVB's big thing is mobility and pressurising the opposition when they have the ball (apart from Tiote, who we gave a bit more space because we're not as worried about his distribution). Hudd's big problem is his lack of mobility.

We made a profit on Pienaar because he was near the end of his contract at Everton, no magic there. As I said before, everyone ultimately did OK.

10M for Dawson would be fucking magic. 5.5M would be faintly disappointing. I'd be happier keeping Dawson as cover, but if we are keeping Gallas then that sounds manageable. Kaboul, Vertonghen, Gallas, Caulker is fine by me, and I'd like to see another kid come in (we don't have any more young CBs who are even close to ready).

Dawson and - most obviously - Bassong just don't fit with AVB's requirements. Kaboul, Vertonghen and Caulker are all young, strong, and mobile CBs who can play on the ground. Dawson and Bassong...well. Other players supposedly on the way out include Jenas and Rose, which suggests that AVB is (a) no fool (b) knows exactly what he wants from his players. Hudd would be a pity, but as you found out yesterday AVB's big thing is mobility and pressurising the opposition when they have the ball (apart from Tiote, who we gave a bit more space because we're not as worried about his distribution). Hudd's big problem is his lack of mobility.

You say it like you beat us.  :lol: