Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

They'll end up with Sahin, Arteta, Wilshere, Rosicky, Cazorla and Ramsey, with only Frimpong and Coquelin as players who can sit in front of the back four. Both are far from proven so Wenger should really go out for M'Vila at all costs. Not that Wenger ever does what he should though.

Now that's a decent signing but it doesn't stop them being significantly worse than last season.

Not sure I agree, they've lost RVP and Song but gained Podolski, Carzola, Giroud and Sahin.  If those signings work out then I think they'll do pretty well.

Exactly Podolski than anyone they played on the left season, Cazorla is better than Ramsey or Rosicky, Sahin is better than Song.

Ok RVP is better than Giroud but the rest of the team is much better.

As for a stopper, that only is relevant if they play direct and back to front, but if they play a possession game they don't need one.

If you look at the majority of the best teams most of them don't have a destructive force in front of the back 4, it's simply not where football is going.

Arsenal's problem is organisation, pressing and overall off the ball defensively as a whole team not any individuals IMO.

If they can improve their organisation, pressing and overall off the ball defensive work as a team they will do well, but that's been the case for years.

They have good individual defensive players but Wenger just doesn't seem focused on making them work as a unit and no player will magically fix that IMO.

Now that's a decent signing but it doesn't stop them being significantly worse than last season.

Not sure I agree, they've lost RVP and Song but gained Podolski, Carzola, Giroud and Sahin.  If those signings work out then I think they'll do pretty well.

Exactly Podolski than anyone they played on the left season, Cazorla is better than Ramsey or Rosicky, Sahin is better than Song.

Ok RVP is better than Giroud but the rest of the team is much better.

As for a stopper, that only is relevant if they play direct and back to front, but if they play a possession game they don't need one.

If you look at the majority of the best teams most of them don't have a destructive force in front of the back 4, it's simply not where football is going.

Arsenal's problem is organisation, pressing and overall off the ball defensively as a whole team not any individuals IMO.

If they can improve their organisation, pressing and overall off the ball defensive work as a team they will do well, but that's been the case for years.

They have good individual defensive players but Wenger just doesn't seem focused on making them work as a unit and no player will magically fix that IMO.

The best teams in the world can afford to not have a defensive destroyer because they have excellent back lines. Arsenal's back 4 is certainly suspect. Song was the missing link between the backline and attacking midfield, I'm not convinced Sahin can be that player (in terms of providing adequate defensive cover). Sahin is almost like-for-like with Wilshere.

And I really think they're going to have problems finishing this year. Not really impressed by Giroud and neither Gervinho or Podolski are strikers.

Sky Sports ‏@SkySports

Sky Sports sources understand Swansea are in talks with Celtic over signing Ki Sung-yueng.

I would be proper jealous if that transfer goes through. Not so much for footballing reasons but more along the lines of oldtype fanboyism.

Song was a CM last season though..... Arteta was the player doing the Busquets role in front of the back 4.

Arteta-Sahin-Cazorla is basically a poor mans Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta in style and ability but if the press properly and improve their overall defensive organisation it will work.

I'm assuming Arsenal are hoping bringing in Steve Bould as assistant will improve them defensively.

I honestly think both Podolski and Giroud will struggle this season. They'll get a few goals between them but no where enough to make up for losing Van Persie.

Aye, none of them strike me as a natural goalscorer like RvP really.

Song was hardly a disciplined defensive midfielder though. He plays as if he thinks he's Zidane.

Exactly, he hasn't been a holding player for at least 2 years, Arteta is miles better than him at that job i'm not sure why people label him as a DM.

He hasn't been one for ages.

I honestly think both Podolski and Giroud will struggle this season. They'll get a few goals between them but no where enough to make up for losing Van Persie.

Agree. Not impressed with those signings at all.

Top scorer in France and one of Germany's all-time top scorers in his prime. They look good on paper, but I can sort of agree.

Giroud is a bit one paced and Podolski has flopped at big club's before. Will be interested to see how they do. I think they're about as good as Arsenal could have bought.

Song was hardly a disciplined defensive midfielder though. He plays as if he thinks he's Zidane.

Exactly, he hasn't been a holding player for at least 2 years, Arteta is miles better than him at that job i'm not sure why people label him as a DM.

He hasn't been one for ages.

True enough, but Arsenal still lack sheer physicality, really throughout that team, but especially in the centre of midfield. They aren't sharp enough with their passing to mask it, imo.

Giroud will be very useful for them, doing a much better job of what Chamakh and Bendtner have tried to provide in the past, but he cannot lead them over the course of a campaign with the consistency of Van Persie. I don't think Podolski is as much of a goal scorer as his record indicates. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I think it is true.

I really don't know what Arsenal should do with their front 3.

Podolski - Giroud - Walcott

Gervinho - Podolski - Walcott

Podolski - Gervinho - Walcott

Hell we might even see Walcott as a center striker more this year.

http://www.gelderlander.nl/sport/vitesse/11555363/Buttner-van-Vitesse-naar-Manchester-United.ece

The deal between the two clubs, according to sources close to the club and the player around. Both parties give no response. Büttner must still undergo a medical examination at the club from Manchester. Which would take place Monday already. Vitesse was Friday miljoenenbod of club Manchester United on the 23-year-old Does Inch Bucket and had to decide this weekend. Büttner has already agreed with his 'dream club'. He will be teammate of fellow countryman Robin van Persie, who moved from Arsenal for the Mancunians. Earlier Büttner seemed to go to Southampton, but that deal fell through because of a dispute over an additional commission. Of this, the deal with Manchester no question