Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Urgh, Sturridge is a mint signing for them. By all accounts i'm assuming Ince is too.

Humbug. Still, there you go. For all their cuntishness, they're a club with genuine ambitions, regardless of the fact they're horribly underachieving atm.

What is Liverpool's deal with buying English players who aren't in the national team?

Good spot. The place to move if you're uncapped/looking to find your way back into the national squad.

Unless you're a Spanish left-back, I mean.

Apparently we're looking at getting Harry Forrester back. Came to our youth team from Watford a few years ago, acted Charlie Big Bollocks, got turfed out, got a trial at Ajax for their youth team, got accepted, turned it down as his mom got seriously ill and they couldn't guarantee him time off to visit her, chose to move to Brentford instead, and is doing quite well there.

I'm all for buying in young players, and using self produced ones (six Academy graduates started on Saturday, and two more on the bench) and some of ours (Baker, Clark, Bannan) are seriously starting to look the part, but we really need to be buying in some experience this January, not more youth alone.

It's sod's law (and awful) that the player we miss the most now is Stan Petrov. We couldn't half do with him back.

Point is more that they've just spend £70 million or so British players that have basically all failed completely, and now they're signing more.  Ince is a player who I'd have taken here from what I've seen but for £18 million those two aren't going to push them any closer to the top clubs.

I thought they'd have widened their approach by now. Really O'Neillesque stuff over the last 3 years for them.

Point is more that they've just spend £70 million or so British players that have basically all failed completely, and now they're signing more.  Ince is a player who I'd have taken here from what I've seen but for £18 million those two aren't going to push them any closer to the top clubs.

I thought they'd have widened their approach by now. Really O'Neillesque stuff over the last 3 years for them.

The problem for Liverpool is that there is no obvious answer in terms of spending which iis both realistic, and s going to push them appreciably closer to the top clubs.

They're living with a new reality, and struggling to come to terms with it. They'd be better of spending the 18m wiser, on more than two players, and not sticking all the eggs in so few baskets.

If you think about, say, ten years ago, and how many Liverpool players you'd have in your squad, there would have been quite a few. How many are there these days? Suarez? Agger?

Not even Reina any more

Think Sturridge is rather overrated. He'll throw a hissy if he's played anywhere but central (doesn't that sound familiar...) And there's no way they'll move Suarez to accommodate Sturridge.

One of the more selfish players I've seen too. Would rather take a shot from 40 yards and go for glory than hit the open man with a pass.

Ince is a very nice signing though.