Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Baresi is one of the players i wish i had seen.

Everyone who i have spoke to who has has seem convinced he's the best defender to ever live.

As it is Nesta is my Baresi  :)

Got to see Nesta play for Montreal this year, was a real treat. Obviously not as good as he was in his earlier Italy days, but still one cool customer.

Guest Howaythetoon

Even though I only saw Baresi when he was in his thirties I'll never forget his performance in the World Cup final of USA '94 when he kept Romário quiet. Sensational defender.

He strolled that game, like it was a friendly or something. That's how fucking good he was.

I loved USA 94' and loved Brazil and Romario, but I was very sad for Baresi and Baggio who I also loved.

Man for man. Or talent wise. That AC Milan side over a 5 year period had the most ALL-STAR looking team. Not literally in the same team but still. Stam, Nesta, Maldini, Costacurta, Cafu, Gattusso, Rui Costa, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Seedorf, Kaka, Crespo. I mean... wow.

Before that  they had a team with Savicevic, Boban, Weah, Baresi, Desailly, Dugarry, Davids, Baggio, Albertini,. Was outrageous.

Guest Howaythetoon

Ancelotti is a brilliant manager and his AC Milan and Chelsea sides were always entertaining, certainly very attack minded. He's Italian but as a manager he's so un Italian. That's probably why he won so few league titles with AC Milan because he was too attack minded and picked some crazy sides. 3 playmakers... :D

When we played Chelsea at SJP a few months back we were in the executive box with some Chelsea fans and both of them rated Ancelotti higher than Mourinho when it came to the football they played under him and both were gutted when he was sacked as they thought he could of built a lasting dynasty.

They fucking hated Rafa mind and though Di Matteo was never good enough.

Canny lads they were but when it came to Newcastle, they were so ill-informed it was unreal. They believed every stereotype/media crap going.

Man for man. Or talent wise. That AC Milan side over a 5 year period had the most ALL-STAR looking team. Not literally in the same team but still. Stam, Nesta, Maldini, Costacurta, Cafu, Gattusso, Rui Costa, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Seedorf, Kaka, Crespo. I mean... wow.

Before that  they had a team with Savicevic, Boban, Weah, Baresi, Desailly, Dugarry, Davids, Baggio, Albertini,. Was outrageous.

:smitten:

Dugarry was shit for them mind.  :buck2:

Ancelotti's book is another one that needs to be read btw. For a bloke who's won the European Cup 4 times there's not a hint of ego about him. Takes the piss out of himself on virtually every page.

City don't have to operate in the real world and worry about resale value. If he helps to win them a few league titles and they progress further in Europe, it's a successful transfer.

Guest Howaythetoon

The Milan side from 90-94 was something else. I used to love Serie A as a kid. So many great players and different types of players too. The emergence of the PL had a huge and negative effect on Serie A. It hasn't been the same since. As a league its considered a poor league compared to the PL and La Liga and now even Germany. Its clubs are considered lesser clubs these days too. Such a shame.

£30m. 5 caps for Brasil at the age of 28. Bearing in mind they rotate their squad so much, Flip probably has at least 3 caps.

Not seen the kid much, could be many reasons, just seems mentalist.

£30m. 5 caps for Brasil at the age of 28. Bearing in mind they rotate their squad so much, Flip probably has at least 3 caps.

He was hugely impressive in the CL and based on that alone i don't know why he's not in Brazil's squad.

But can't say i have seen him much outside of that.

Nesta's easily the best defender I've seen fwiw.

He was excellent yet not in Baresi's class. As Deuce said, Italy have produced some outstanding defenders. I go back as far as Facchetti ,Scirea and the monster who had the most ironic name ever, Claudio Gentile. All class but Baresi for me is the best.

He was hugely impressive in the CL and based on that alone i don't know why he's not in Brazil's squad.

But can't say i have seen him much outside of that.

Is that the general consensus with the Brazilians that play in Russia? Has Willian ever got any caps?

Nesta's easily the best defender I've seen fwiw.

He was excellent yet not in Baresi's class. As Deuce said, Italy have produced some outstanding defenders. I go back as far as Facchetti ,Scirea and the monster who had the most ironic name ever, Claudio Gentile. All class but Baresi for me is the best.

Can you we really call Baresi a true great when Peter Ramage modeled his game on him and that was the end result?  :undecided: