Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

£30m. 5 caps for Brasil at the age of 28. Bearing in mind they rotate their squad so much, Flip probably has at least 3 caps.

Not seen the kid much, could be many reasons, just seems mentalist.

:lol:

If I had three I wouldn't be on here disagreeing 100% of the time Dropout posts, 75% HTT posts, 50% Ronaldo posts, 25% Mike posts, I would be bathing in my millions as it's a known fact: 1 cap for the national team means you'll command an enormous fee.

£30m for a guy who is 28 is ridiculous, no matter how Brazilian he is. :p

£30m. 5 caps for Brasil at the age of 28. Bearing in mind they rotate their squad so much, Flip probably has at least 3 caps.

He was hugely impressive in the CL and based on that alone i don't know why he's not in Brazil's squad.

But can't say i have seen him much outside of that.

He looked a world better the 2 or so times I saw him play.

Ancelotti is a brilliant manager and his AC Milan and Chelsea sides were always entertaining, certainly very attack minded. He's Italian but as a manager he's so un Italian. That's probably why he won so few league titles with AC Milan because he was too attack minded and picked some crazy sides. 3 playmakers... :D

So on point.

If anyone disagrees 100% with my posts they know nothing about football.

Nesta's easily the best defender I've seen fwiw.

He was excellent yet not in Baresi's class. As Deuce said, Italy have produced some outstanding defenders. I go back as far as Facchetti ,Scirea and the monster who had the most ironic name ever, Claudio Gentile. All class but Baresi for me is the best.

Scirea man, he would get my vote. Although I admit I was a kid back then so my memories might not be the best. Such grace, though, the ball somehow always ended magically at his feet. And he had Gentile to do the dirty work.

Ancelotti is a brilliant manager and his AC Milan and Chelsea sides were always entertaining, certainly very attack minded. He's Italian but as a manager he's so un Italian. That's probably why he won so few league titles with AC Milan because he was too attack minded and picked some crazy sides. 3 playmakers... :D

So on point.

HTT rarely watches anything other than Newcastle so you shouldn't take his opinion especially.

Also what you seem incapable of grasping is that players don't decide whether a team is playing an attacking football. I know Ancelotti is a huge fan of calling himself an attacking manager and he did succeed on many points at Chelsea doing that. But during most of his career, his team have never been known for an attractive football, it's more an efficient style of football in many ways. You look at what he did with Juventus and then at Milan, his team scored very few goals for being a title contender. I remember his Milan side much better than I remember his Chelsea side as I didn't catch much Chelsea on the TV when he managed them. I do catch his PSG side and for being such a superior side in their league their brand of football is terribly boring. He liked to put offensive players on the pitch at PSG too, but as I stated above, it doesn't prove anything.

Finally, I'm not much for statistics as I don't watch the sport like that, but for being a very attacking minded and very entertaining side as you and HTT seem to like to call his team, why did his Milan side, which had ''four #10'' and two of the best goalscorers of the past decade only score an average of 1,6goals per game. Just to give you something to compare with, Mourinhos Inter scored more, Allegris unspectacular Milan sides have scored more per game, and worst of all his Milan team only once in 8 years was the top scoring team in the Serie A.

In the end I think we might have different views on attacking and entertaining managers. I prefer the style implementet by Tele Santana, Zeman and Bielsa or effective attack minded football teams like Guardiola and Vilanovas Barcelona, Scolaris national side in 2002, Löws Germany in WC 2010, Wengers Arsenal, Keegans teams, Del Bosque among others. Managers like Ancelotti, Mourinho, Deschamps, Parreira, Mancini don't fall into the category of attacking and entertaining footballing managers in my opinion. Although I do find Mourinho extremely entertaining off it.

Honestly, I fail to see how a side that scores lots of goals is automatically "creative". Milan were all about exploiting Sheva's and Kaka's athleticism through Pirlo's long range passing. It's counterattacking 101. It's not bad, I'm not shunning it, but it wasn't a particularly intrincate side. There's a swathe of difference between good old catenaccio and dynamic counterattacking too.

Again, his style suits Real Madrid perfectly so I think it's a good move for them.

Honestly, I fail to see how a side that scores lots of goals is automatically "creative". Milan were all about exploiting Sheva's and Kaka's athleticism through Pirlo's long range passing. It's counterattacking 101. It's not bad, I'm not shunning it, but it wasn't a particularly intrincate side. There's a swathe of difference between good old catenaccio and dynamic counterattacking too.

Again, his style suits Real Madrid perfectly so I think it's a good move for them.

:thup: :thup:

He was hugely impressive in the CL and based on that alone i don't know why he's not in Brazil's squad.

Is that the general consensus with the Brazilians that play in Russia? Has Willian ever got any caps?

Brassell and others were saying he was piss the couple of times he's played for Brazil (Fernandinho) plus because he's not got any history at a big Brazilian club and now plays in a non-coverage league there'll be no pressure on the manager to call him up. Happens a lot with Brazilian and to a lesser extent Argentine players.

Having ridiculous strength in depth helps n all like. 

Is that the general consensus with the Brazilians that play in Russia? Has Willian ever got any caps?

Brassell and others were saying he was p*ss the couple of times he's played for Brazil (Fernandinho) plus because he's not got any history at a big Brazilian club and now plays in a non-coverage league there'll be no pressure on the manager to call him up. Happens a lot with Brazilian and to a lesser extent Argentine players.

Having ridiculous strength in depth helps n all like.

Makes sense, i'd argue the players in his position are not exactly outstanding though.

Channel 4 showing Serie A was great back in the day

Was fantastic. Puts some of the magazine shows we have today to shame. James Richardson was a fucking brilliant football journalist as well.

Honestly, if any foreign league wants to bring in more overseas supporters, get producing a programme like Gazetta.

Man for man. Or talent wise. That AC Milan side over a 5 year period had the most ALL-STAR looking team. Not literally in the same team but still. Stam, Nesta, Maldini, Costacurta, Cafu, Gattusso, Rui Costa, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Seedorf, Kaka, Crespo. I mean... wow.

Before that  they had a team with Savicevic, Boban, Weah, Baresi, Desailly, Dugarry, Davids, Baggio, Albertini,. Was outrageous.

Getting ridiculous but surely the team before that is the best Milan team with the Dutch trio?

Channel 4 showing Serie A was great back in the day

Was fantastic. Puts some of the magazine shows we have today to shame. James Richardson was a f***ing brilliant football journalist as well.

Honestly, if any foreign league wants to bring in more overseas supporters, get producing a programme like Gazetta.

Tis true, i'd also argue Revista while not on the same level as Gazetta has had a big impact in getting people to watch La Liga in this country.

BTW James Richardson still does Italian football, but mainly hosting the games on ESPN, don't have the same impact as sitting outside an Italian Cafe and reading the paper though.

(tis his release clause) - interesting. Could be exactly what they do/don't need.

Assuming we're not going to win anything I'd love Wenger to sign off with a trophy.

goal.com are trying to make us believe Arsenal have bid £22m for Fellaini

Times reported it like an hour before hand, the art of copy and pasting is alive and well.

Seriously though if they pay 22m for Fellaini and play him DM/CM they want shooting tbh.

goal.com are trying to make us believe Arsenal have bid £22m for Fellaini

Times reported it like an hour before hand, the art of copy and pasting is alive and well.

Seriously though if they pay 22m for Fellaini and play him DM/CM they want shooting tbh.

Didn't realise the Times had it too. Strange signing not really the type of player Wenger normally goes for

Fellaini has only ever been a 20m+ plus player as the SS battering ram you see for Everton, he will never be used in that role at Arsenal.

He's no better than what Arsenal already have in a DM, CM or B2B role as Neil as pointed out before he can't pass or tackle and his positional sense in a deep role is suspect to say the least.

With that sort of money they could get a proper DM or box to box midfielder who actually can perform there, unlike Fellaini who was average in that role so was moved up. ( wasn't the only reason)

Anyway just been told by a friend of mine who supports Arsenal that their season ticket renewals end tomorrow.... so yeah read into that what you will.

So on point.

:lol:

Mole, I think that maybe

Arteta - Wilshere

Walcott    Fellaini      Cazorla

Giroud

Would possibly work, what you think? I'm not saying it would work, but if you made Walcott a more direct winger it would possibly work. Also completely agree with you that he has to play as SS. Not the £20m player otherwise.

Fellaini has only ever been a 20m+ plus player as the SS battering ram you see for Everton, he will never be used in that role at Arsenal.

He's no better than what Arsenal already have in a DM, CM or B2B role as Neil as pointed out before he can't pass or tackle and his positional sense in a deep role is suspect to say the least.

With that sort of money they could get a proper DM or box to box midfielder who actually can perform there, unlike Fellaini who was average in that role so was moved up. ( wasn't the only reason)

Anyway just been told by a friend of mine who supports Arsenal that their season ticket renewals end tomorrow.... so yeah read into that what you will.

What like Ramsey? An ageing Arteta? or Jack Wilshere who as good as he is is plagued with injuries already in his career. Or even better Rosicky. It's called squad depth man.

I think he's fully capable to step up and his aggressive mentality is what they need if he channels it in the right manner, and personally don't think Wenger would be naive enough to play him deep and shun using his best attributes.

Arteta has been fantastic this season and Ramsey since coming into the team in February resulted into an upturn in form and increased defensive stability and one of the main reasons they ended the season so well along with Koscielny coming into the team for Vermealen.

Fellaini might be a better player than both of them you can argue that, but i don't believe he is better at the roles they are asked to perform.

Mole, I think that maybe

Arteta - Wilshere

Walcott    Fellaini      Cazorla

Giroud

Would possibly work, what you think? I'm not saying it would work, but if you made Walcott a more direct winger it would possibly work. Also completely agree with you that he has to play as SS. Not the £20m player otherwise.

Personally Wilshere is not defensively good enough as of yet to play in the pivot and is too erratic with his positional sense.

Much better when he's allowed the freedom to dictate the final third and think about his offensive qualities solely and not worry about protecting his back 4.

They do need someone to replace what Diaby gave them, but not injured every 5 mins don't get me wrong but i don't believe Fellaini is right for that role.