Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

He only made his premier league debut against us halfway through March this year and his standout contribution was, well... Bit early to be proclaiming him as anything special. I bet this time last year a lot thought McLean looked a promising player.

Could go either way but £7m is a lot of money given his experience and temperament (the little cunt).

He made his debut 4 years earlier according to wiki. He's played 56 games, 26 of them in the premiership.

Sorry, Premier League start.

6 goals, only one player in our squad beats that. Not bad for a player making his first start in march.

6 goals in the league last season? ???

You must have missed the part where I didn't say league goals just goals.  :crazy2:

Technically he's streets ahead of McLean, he's also a lot more intelligent with the ball. There's a good player there, not just an effective one.

Wish we had one or two as good as him.

He is but that doesn't mean he won't suffer the same fate, its far too early to determine how good of a player he is. He's only had like 3 months of top flight football.

Yet you sound certain he will fail.

I'm not certain i'm just preaching caution, i don't like to make definite statements on players until i have seen them for at least 12 months sometimes more in some cases.

He could be as good as you say but i'm personally not totally convinced at this point in time.

Technically he's streets ahead of McLean, he's also a lot more intelligent with the ball. There's a good player there, not just an effective one.

He is but that doesn't mean he won't suffer the same fate, its far too early to determine how good of a player he is. He's only had like 3 months of top flight football.

I'm not certain i'm just preaching caution, i don't like to make definite statements on players until i have seen them for at least 12 months sometimes more in some cases.

He could be as good as you say but i'm personally not totally convinced at this point in time.

One bad injury and a career is gone, there are no certain outcomes when trying to judge how someone's career will go, however two things that separate him from McClean (which everyone wants to compare him to) is that he has real technical ability and a brain to go with it. McClean has neither and why he's hit a brick wall.

Wonder if the same can be applied to Cisse, this found out thing? ;)

He only made his premier league debut against us halfway through March this year and his standout contribution was, well... Bit early to be proclaiming him as anything special. I bet this time last year a lot thought McLean looked a promising player.

Could go either way but £7m is a lot of money given his experience and temperament (the little cunt).

He made his debut 4 years earlier according to wiki. He's played 56 games, 26 of them in the premiership.

6 goals, only one player in our squad beats that. Not bad for a player making his first start in march.

You must have missed the part where I didn't say league goals just goals.  :crazy2:

6 goals last season then? So some of them will have come against lower league opposition? Also I'm not sure the reason for the comparison, Ben Arfa probably played more than him and scored less (if that 6 is correct). Do you have a link out of interest.

Even so he has started 8 Premier League games, that is far too early to be chucking £7m at him imo.

One bad injury and a career is gone, there are no certain outcomes when trying to judge how someone's career will go, however two things that separate him from McClean (which everyone wants to compare him to) is that he has real technical ability and a brain to go with it. McClean has neither and why he's hit a brick wall.

Wonder if the same can be applied to Cisse, this found out thing? ;)

Tbf i never said that he will be another McClean i can see he's more intelligent and more skillful than him. Just that i'm not prepared to say anything for certain yet.

As for Cisse he looked alright when he was in Germany didn't he? think his struggles are more to do with how he is used tbh.

I'm not sure what to make of him tbh. Whenever i've seen him he seems very direct but not particularly technical or skillful, even at times clumsy, but he seems to manage to find a way through. Not convinced myself but alot of people with far more football knowledge than me seem to rave about him.

6 goals last season then? So some of them will have come against lower league opposition? Also I'm not sure the reason for the comparison, Ben Arfa probably played more than him and scored less (if that 6 is correct). Do you have a link out of interest.

Even so he has started 8 Premier League games, that is far too early to be chucking £7m at him imo.

Lowest was a championship team. Not sure about the league cup goal, but generally his performances (as much as anyone) got Wigan to the final. His winners medal most deserved, a winners medal I doubt any of our lot will see at this club.

I don't understand why people will compare him to McClean yet I can't raise the fact about his goals and our individuals goals. Bizarre tbh.

Lowest was a championship team. Not sure about the league cup goal, but generally his performances got Wigan to the final. His winners medal most deserved, a winners medal I doubt any of our lot will see at this club.

I don't understand why people will compare him to McClean yet I can't raise the fact about his goals and our individual goals. Bizarre tbh.

I just don't see the point in comparing to our players, none of them have a winners medal in England and probably won't so does that mean McManaman is already better than all of our squad? Is Adam Le Fondre better than Cisse because he outscored him and as good as Aguero/Rooney because he scored the same as them?

All I have said is it is way too early to be paying that sort of money for a player with his experience and we have seen other players look promising and getting rave reviews then dropping away.

If others have seen every single of his 8 starts and know he won't do the same then fair enough, you're better judges than most.

Comparing Mcmanaman to McClean is like comparing Drogba to Ade Akinbiyi. I'm being facetious obviously, but the Mcclean to Mcmanaman comparisons are almost as lazy as the black, strong, fast African striker comparisons. I've already seen far mar from him than McClean, who I never rated. 7 million pounds is nothing for a young English player and frankly I think we should be interested of that is the sort of bid necessary to bring him here. Him and Haidara can live together and bond over the struggles of young life.

Comparing Mcmanaman to McClean is like comparing Drogba to Ade Akinbiyi. I'm being facetious obviously, but the Mcclean to Mcmanaman comparisons are almost as lazy as the black, strong, fast African striker comparisons. I've already seen far mar from him than McClean, who I never rated. 7 million pounds is nothing for a young English player and frankly I think we should be interested of that is the sort of bid necessary to bring him here. Him and Haidara can live together and bond over the struggles of young life.

McManaman and McClean have had an almost identical first season.

Evra and Rafael pretty much picked up the slack last year for a big fall in output from the wide positions, a traditional ManU strongpoint. None of Nani, Young, and Valencia had a good year.

Evra might be on the decline defensively, but he put up some good, I dunno may his best ever, numbers going forward. He only scored one less than Baines, two of whose five goals were penalties.

You got everything absolutely spot on. There's no way we can justify paying over 12m for Baines if Evra is staying.

I hope we sell Young as well, especially with Zaha coming in. We'll be lucky to get 10m for him.

McManaman and McClean have had an almost identical first season.

and thus should be compared? Mcmanaman is a completely different type of winger than McClean. The reason Mcclean has been "found out" is because he is very one paced (quick, but poor change of pace/acceleration) and lacks the technical ability to get himself into threatening positions when he is man marked and shown onto his wrong foot. Essentially, he is a poor footballer with one or two decent skills. I don't think Collum has those deficiencies in his game. Infact, it is much the opposite for both and he is quicker and much trickier player, imo.

To be fair, I didn't see much of James when he was meant to be a top prospect, but I just see any dynamism in his game. Reminds me of James Milner on his worst day.

McLean looked very good when he broke through tbf. Put an excellent cross in from the left, and good composure to score a few goals himself. As far as I am concerned it's far too early to say McCunt at Wigan is the real deal and not another flash in the pan. 7 million is about right for such a gamble.

Guest palnese

"Yes, Bassedas told me about the city, the people, that there is a lot of respect, he said something about the team. He told me that he liked to play there."

:lol:

Lookslike Belhanda is going to Dynamo Kiev. Didn't realised they'd signed Mbokani as well - I thought we'd go after him given he was out of contract next summer. Signed Jeremain Lens n all.

BOB-P2tCYAEyuYx.jpg

Lookslike Belhanda is going to Dynamo Kiev. Didn't realised they'd signed Mbokani as well - I thought we'd go after him given he was out of contract next summer. Signed Jeremain Lens n all.

BOB-P2tCYAEyuYx.jpg

You would think that means Ideye Brown (top scorer from last year) is probably off to one of the bigger leagues in Europe. Belhanda is a top class talent too. They should challenge Shakhtar more strongly this year.

What game was it when he rainbow flicked the ball over the keeper? (It was an away game iirc) :drool:

Wasn't it with the U21s? Against some Whateveristan.

Personally I think he has suffered from the De La Peña syndrome. Too much hype too soon and you could see how he slowly crumbled under the pressure. Going to a small-but-good team like Betis, with a great setup and an attacking brand of football, could help him regain his confidence.

BOB-P2tCYAEyuYx.jpg

You would think that means Ideye Brown (top scorer from last year) is probably off to one of the bigger leagues in Europe. Belhanda is a top class talent too. They should challenge Shakhtar more strongly this year.

Maybe so aye.

Didn't realise they didn't even finish in the top 2 last season, obviously trying to amend that this coming season.

What game was it when he rainbow flicked the ball over the keeper? (It was an away game iirc) :drool:

Wasn't it with the U21s? Against some Whateveristan.

Personally I think he has suffered from the De La Peña syndrome. Too much hype too soon and you could see how he slowly crumbled under the pressure. Going to a small-but-good team like Betis, with a great setup and an attacking brand of football, could help him regain his confidence.

It was definitely with the first team as the camera went straight to the bench and Ronaldinho was stunned by what he'd just seen.