Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

When the season ended they were linked with all sorts.... Jackson Martinez, Dzeko, Aubameyang, Lukaku, Benteke etc etc.

But over last of month or so those seem to have dried up and replaced with loads of wingers and AM links.

My guess is considering they have refused to sell Lewandowski for anything less than 30m and his desire to go to Bayern means a striker search is on the back burner until they have replaced Gotze and increased competition in the wide spots.

Unfortunately there's a very good player in amongst all that shit that comes with him. I really wish there wasn't, but saying differently is lying to yourself due to our previous with him.

Whether we like him or we don't, and we don't, I think he's a very good player who could turn out to be something special. Wingers with pace who can beat there man are very rare these days. For 7m he's definitely worth buying.

Half a good season in the Premier League...if they keep him until January and he has another good half season then they could get 5x that off the other side of Merseyside.

£35m for the equivalent of 1 good season, he's not Andy Carroll  :laugh:

Unfortunately there's a very good player in amongst all that s*** that comes with him. I really wish there wasn't, but saying differently is lying to yourself due to our previous with him.

We will see, personally i believe a lot of his success so far is due to defenders not knowing how to deal with him once they adapt and figure him out i wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't even half as effective.

Seen this story too many times with british wingers, the real test will be once defenders adapt to him if he's still burning fullbacks in a years time then fair play.

Unfortunately there's a very good player in amongst all that s*** that comes with him. I really wish there wasn't, but saying differently is lying to yourself due to our previous with him.

We will see, personally i believe a lot of his success so far is due to defenders not knowing how to deal with him once they adapt and figure him out i wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't even half as effective.

Seen this story too many times with british wingers, the real test will be once defenders adapt to him if he's still burning fullbacks in a years time then fair play.

Sunderland already having a living, breathing, potato looking example.

Technically he's streets ahead of McLean, he's also a lot more intelligent with the ball. There's a good player there, not just an effective one.

Wish we had one or two as good as him.

He only made his premier league debut (which was against us) halfway through March this year and his standout contribution was, well... Bit early to be proclaiming him as anything special, he must have started about 8 games in the Premiership. I bet this time last year a lot thought McLean looked a promising player.

Could go either way but £7m is a lot of money given his experience and temperament (the little cunt).

He only made his premier league debut against us halfway through March this year and his standout contribution was, well... Bit early to be proclaiming him as anything special. I bet this time last year a lot thought McLean looked a promising player.

Could go either way but £7m is a lot of money given his experience and temperament (the little cunt).

He made his debut 4 years earlier according to wiki. He's played 56 games, 26 of them in the premiership.

He got 6 goals in all comps this year alone. Wonder how that compares to our purple players.  :lol:

He only made his premier league debut against us halfway through March this year and his standout contribution was, well... Bit early to be proclaiming him as anything special. I bet this time last year a lot thought McLean looked a promising player.

He made his debut 4 years earlier according to wiki. He's played 56 games, 26 of them in the premiership.

Sorry, Premier League start.

Technically he's streets ahead of McLean, he's also a lot more intelligent with the ball. There's a good player there, not just an effective one.

He is but that doesn't mean he won't suffer the same fate, its far too early to determine how good of a player he is. He's only had like 3 months of top flight football.

6 goals, only one player in our squad beats that. Not bad for a player making his first start in march.

He is but that doesn't mean he won't suffer the same fate, its far too early to determine how good of a player he is. He's only had like 3 months of top flight football.

Yet you sound certain he will fail.

6 goals, only one player in our squad beats that. Not bad for a player making his first start in march.

6 goals in the league last season? ???