Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I'll hardly blame Cole for you underperformance these past years, but England would have benefited from switching to Baines sooner, imho.

I think ditching all of the Liverpool players would have gone a lot further.

Guest icemanblue

Baines' price will need to be £20m+ simply because of how important he is to Everton. Forget age, even ability. His price will be what Everton are willing to accept in order for it to be worth them allowing him to leave. That often seems to get forgotten in transfers, these days. It doesn't matter how much he's 'worth' in general terms, it's how much he's worth to Everton.

It's also what he's worth to Man United though. It's hardly "forgotten" in transfers these days at all. That's how all transfers work.

Well, aye, obviously. My point was more in relation to the discussions of the transfers, 'player x definitely isn't a £x million pound player' etc. A player's value is nearly always decided by the club selling them.

Evra and Rafael pretty much picked up the slack last year for a big fall in output from the wide positions, a traditional ManU strongpoint. None of Nani, Young, and Valencia had a good year.

Evra might be on the decline defensively, but he put up some good, I dunno may his best ever, numbers going forward. He only scored one less than Baines, two of whose five goals were penalties.

Palace buying Dwight Gayle from P'boro for £3m :dontknow: and also signing Jerome Thomas.

http://www.theposh.com/cms_images/news/dwight-gayle-player-of-month-4-3119-589512_478x359.jpg

Looks class.