Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Hoots picking Van Wolfswinkel and Fer.

Pardew picks Darren Bent.

Two players who are completely unproven in the top six leagues of Europe? It is not guaranteed to work, especially with what they will be surrounded by.

Wolfwinkel is proven in a top six league.  He has a one in two ratio in Portugal.

Fer is an improvement over any of the players they were playing in central midfield, and RVW is an upgrade over Holt and Jackson. Snodgrass, Bassong, and Pilkington are decent players too, imo.

These moves won't vault Norwich into the Top 8, but they're not relegation fodder anymore.

The signings of Redmond, Wolfswinkel and Fer, combined with the fact they're trying to get more quality in (even though Alderweireld rejected them at least they agreed a fee and so i'm sure they'll move onto another target) means that I think they have a decent chance of a top ten finish.  The major concern is that the next level if there is an injury to these players will be a step down.

Ok, so you've arbitrarily decided on your own european ranking system.  Where would you rank portugal then?

I don't know. Lower than England, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, and Russia definitely though. Outside of the European qualifying teams, there is almost nothing. This is irrelevant, though. The crux of what I am saying is that both the Erevidisie and the League in Portugal are significantly weaker than the Premiership and neither of these players will have experienced the week in and week out competition that exists in England. Plenty of players better than these two have struggled when making the move to a bigger league and Wolf hasn't impressed me when I've watched him personally. We'll see though.

Honestly, good for Norwich. They've been at the top for a while now, so they should pursue a higher quality of player. All I have said is that there signings are risky. Even Redmond has only been decent at the Championship level, which could be said of Howson and Snodgrass.

Guest bimpy474

Two players who are completely unproven in the top six leagues of Europe? It is not guaranteed to work, especially with what they will be surrounded by.

Fair enough, you would prefer Bent and say another English player to them ?. And you have fallen for Pardew's waffle about needing Premiership experienced player, to cover up his utter mismanagement and dogshit football.

I'd have them two before Bent or any other cheap Premiership experienced player. They are class players.

Ok, so you've arbitrarily decided on your own european ranking system.  Where would you rank portugal then?

I don't know. Lower than England, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, and Russia definitely though. Outside of the European qualifying teams, there is almost nothing. This is irrelevant, though. The crux of what I am saying is that both the Erevidisie and the League in Portugal are significantly weaker than the Premiership and neither of these players will have experienced the week in and week out competition that exists in England. Plenty of players better than these two have struggled when making the move to a bigger league and Wolf hasn't impressed me when I've watched him personally. We'll see though.

Honestly, good for Norwich. They've been at the top for a while now, so they should pursue a higher quality of player. All I have said is that there signings are risky. Even Redmond has only been decent at the Championship level, which could be said of Howson and Snodgrass.

I'm not having the depth of the Russian league being held over the Portugese league.  I'd argue the French league as well but the Russian league point is just not true.

German press taking the piss already :lol:

http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp143/ricardomb00/1373710394697_zps55017ca6.jpg

I scanned it for Hitler and it's not there, so I can't figure out any of that paper in context.

Norwich, like Sunderland, are at least making moves to improve their squads. Which is more than we can claim at this point.

:lol: Can't wait for the season to start so I can have something specific to be frustrated about.

Wolfwinkel is proven in a top six league.  He has a one in two ratio in Portugal.

Doesn't mean much.

I'm not having the depth of the Russian league being held over the Portugese league.  I'd argue the French league as well but the Russian league point is just not true.

GTFO :lol: Are you serious?

The Portuguese league is awful outside the top spots, a few of those teams wouldn't look out of place in the Spanish or English third tiers...

:thup: They sign 2nd division Brazilians ffs to start in that league.

A casual reminder to bear in mind we, not once but twice, failed to beat Maritimo last season.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/09_03/088derby_468x378.jpg

That doesn't mean anything to me :lol: We always provide that sort of thing against vastly inferior teams.