Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Pretty sure he played out wide at times for Espanyol.

I thought I had seen him out wide for Roma last season, but I guess it was Totti who'd been swung-out more often than not.

Didn't get much chance to see Roma last season but I'd say your right.

I doubt Totti would be pushed out wide unless their manager was stupid.

iirc southampton spent rather big last summer too, one of the bigger spenders in europe

Just read on Times football site, they've spent £70m in 2 seasons with next to nothing going out.

plus the wages to match that spend, good to see financial fair play is working.........

They came up with more or less the same squad / wage costs from League 1 to the PL so their revenue will have gone through the roof too. I'm sure they'll be in keeping with it.

iirc southampton spent rather big last summer too, one of the bigger spenders in europe

Just read on Times football site, they've spent £70m in 2 seasons with next to nothing going out.

plus the wages to match that spend, good to see financial fair play is working.........

FFP is stupid anyways.

All it does is maintain the status quo.

Unless you are lucky enough to get a crop of players like Fergie had (Beckham, Scholes etc) You have no chance of progressing.

FFP is stupid anyways.

Unless you are lucky enough to get a crop of players like Fergie had (Beckham, Scholes etc) You have no chance of progressing.

while the current status quo has some club hitting the jackpot because some random sheikh or russian oligarch got bored and suddenly go from non entity to european powerhouse. FFP has problems the most glaring of which is the champions league cash but its better than the current system

FFP is stupid anyways.

while the current status quo has some club hitting the jackpot because some random sheikh or russian oligarch got bored and suddenly go from non entity to european powerhouse. FFP has problems the most glaring of which is the champions league cash but its better than the current system

I couldn't disagree more.

Although it benefits people like Ashley who can now use the guise of "FFP" to mask a lack of investment in the club.

Lewandowski has had his wages trebled at Dortmund for the last year of his contract as a sweetner for him to sign a new deal.

What's this about? I heard the other day that he hasn't actually contractually joined Bayern for next season and it was a Jupp Heynckes target.

Maybe Pep doesn't want him and he could stay? is that right.

Lewandowski has had his wages trebled at Dortmund for the last year of his contract as a sweetner for him to sign a new deal.

What's this about? I heard the other day that he hasn't actually contractually joined Bayern for next season and it was a Jupp Heynckes target.

Maybe Pep doesn't want him and he could stay? is that right.

No idea. Apparently Dortmund had promised him that he could go this summer until the Gotze deal happened out the blue. His agent has confirmed again though that he will definitely be leaving in the summer.

Apparently he was only receiving 20k a week until the other day when his wages were trebled. Mental.

So he's still going on a free? Or Dortmund can now get money for him?

Yeah, his agent has said that he won't sign a new contract so he'll be gone next summer. Basically just Dortmund trying to keep him happy for the season as I know he was pissed off at the board for not letting him leave.

Weird....

Anyway according to The Times, Spurs are close to signing Willian and Coentrao.

Dat Bale money.

How dare they buy replacements before selling. This is unprecedented behaviour.

Guest neesy111

Weird....

Dat Bale money.

Leeds and Portsmouth rolled into one.

Weird....

Dat Bale money.

Leeds and Portsmouth rolled into one.

Yep, that's Spurs fucked.

Guest neesy111

If we sold our best players we'd be able to go on a shopping spree as well.

Like when we sold Carroll and didn't spend all of it till 2 years after he left.......

Spurs are having an amazing window.

All their new guys looked great today, and these two would be fantastic additions.

I don't think anyone looked great today. Chadli looked very very average, Paulinho was used wrong and Capoue who did look like a very good player didn't really play much. Add Soldado being quite invisible during the game to that.

Coentrao would for me be a bit of an overkill. Willian on the other hand would seem like a great signing. I really really rate Danny Rose.

Guest bimpy474

If we sold our best player we could go mental in Lidl, and maybe splash a bit in Farmfoods but Waitrose, easy there, we dont wanna go tits up.

Spurs are having an amazing window.

All their new guys looked great today, and these two would be fantastic additions.

I don't think anyone looked great today. Chadli looked very very average, Paulinho was used wrong and Capoue who did look like a very good player didn't really play much. Add Soldado being quite invisible during the game to that.

Coentrao would for me be a bit of an overkill. Willian on the other hand would seem like a great signing. I really really rate Danny Rose.

Disagree, neither of their LBs are very good IMO. At least not top 4 good anyway.