Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

I've just posted this to a mate on Facebook and it sums up my thoughts about those two:

I don't want either of them. I'll be really disappointed if we splurge that sort of money on those two.

Yeah Baines is class but he's 28. He doesn't really offer a whole lot more to Evra in defence or attack, if anything. A major asset of his is his set pieces and he isn't going to be taking anything over Van Persie, who is a better penalty taker and free kick taker than he is. It's not because he's not good that I don't want him, it's because we don't need him. Left back is simply not an issue.

Fellaini is only good if you play him behind the striker and use his as a battering ram, i.e. lumping the long ball to his head or chest. He can't pass a ball more than five yards in front of him and has zero vision. He's simply not a Manchester United player. If we bought him we'd have to change our style to facilitate him, which would be completely unacceptable in my opinion. Another major reason is that it would push Kagawa further down the pecking order, who is twice the player Fellaini is.

We do need a midfielder, but I'd rather gamble with the team as it is and save the money for next summer and go for a top player then, if there is no-one available now.

Would tend to agree, although Baines has a fair few years on Evra who I reckon will be winding down sooner rather than later. Maybe not a priority this season, but a cracking replacement nonetheless.

That Man United bid is outrageous :lol:

I originally read £28m for Fellaini and thought maybe they'd overpaid slightly, but Baines too? Wow.

Yeah, I thought similar, "hang on, they mean 28m for the pair?" - as if that's going to get accepted.

I've just posted this to a mate on Facebook and it sums up my thoughts about those two:

I don't want either of them. I'll be really disappointed if we splurge that sort of money on those two.

Yeah Baines is class but he's 28. He doesn't really offer a whole lot more to Evra in defence or attack, if anything. A major asset of his is his set pieces and he isn't going to be taking anything over Van Persie, who is a better penalty taker and free kick taker than he is. It's not because he's not good that I don't want him, it's because we don't need him. Left back is simply not an issue.

Fellaini is only good if you play him behind the striker and use his as a battering ram, i.e. lumping the long ball to his head or chest. He can't pass a ball more than five yards in front of him and has zero vision. He's simply not a Manchester United player. If we bought him we'd have to change our style to facilitate him, which would be completely unacceptable in my opinion. Another major reason is that it would push Kagawa further down the pecking order, who is twice the player Fellaini is.

We do need a midfielder, but I'd rather gamble with the team as it is and save the money for next summer and go for a top player then, if there is no-one available now.

This post should be read by all Pardew sympathisers as it pinpoints exactly the difference in approach between the top teams and us under Pardew.

But, but you should just be happy you are trying to sign players, doesn't matter who they are surely?

:lol: At least you're consistent.

Just me that thinks £28m isn't such a pisstake as an opening bid then? It's a lot of brass.

:lol: I was thinking the same. Baines is a fantastic leftback, but they don't go for too much money, especially at 28. Fellaini isn't more than a 15 million player. More than 30-35 million and they're overpaying.

Just me that thinks £28m isn't such a pisstake as an opening bid then? It's a lot of brass.

Nope, me too. It's more than a decent amount, but they are too important to Everton so maybe that's why the outrage.