Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

If we sold our best players we'd be able to go on a shopping spree as well.

Like when we sold Carroll and didn't spend all of it till 2 years after he left.......

:lol:  Ouch.

Guest neesy111

If we sold our best player we could go mental in Lidl, and maybe splash a bit in Farmfoods but Waitrose, easy there, we dont wanna go tits up.

Nowt wrong with Lidl or Aldi for fresh fruit and veg and for drink.

It's the meltdown on here every single time another club signs someone though man. Pathetic. I don't give a shite how much other clubs spend tbh, or even us. I just want to see us with a good squad and I think we're only 2 players away from that, whether we spend £1.5m or £15m.

You're happy to see us spend £1.5m when we're about to receive a portion of the biggest television deal in the history of the game?

What do you suggest they do with the other £65m?

Pay off some of the debt to Ashley, presumably?

:fwap:

If we sold our best player we could go mental in Lidl, and maybe splash a bit in Farmfoods but Waitrose, easy there, we dont wanna go tits up.

the fruit and veg are crap, cheap but crap.

Guest bimpy474

Not all, we shop there because it's cheap, along with Aldi. That was the point see, cheap.

Like when we sold Carroll and didn't spend all of it till 2 years after he left.......

Spurs sold big players on deadline day as well and didn't replace them instantly, shock horror.

Spurs buy and sell and have made loads of money from it, we sell and its going in Ashleys back pocket or pay his electric bill or similar shite. We buy and its never enough, Sold Carroll and bought Ba - free transfer and it wasn't enough at the time until he showed he can score goals, we then got Cisse while investing in other areas of the squad. Still not enough.

Carroll money was spent wisely imo, and correctly (over time) we didn't need to spend it all at once, shame people have no patience.

Guest bimpy474

We've got two of those Bargain shops right on our doorstep now, they sell branded food very cheap.

Double pack of Party Rings biscuits for 99p  :snod:

Guest bimpy474

Spurs sold big players on deadline day as well and didn't replace them instantly, shock horror.

Spurs buy and sell and have made loads of money from it, we sell and its going in Ashleys back pocket or pay his electric bill or similar shite. We buy and its never enough, Sold Carroll and bought Ba - free transfer and it wasn't enough at the time until he showed he can score goals, we then got Cisse while investing in other areas of the squad. Still not enough.

Carroll money was spent wisely imo, and correctly (over time) we didn't need to spend it all at once, shame people have no patience.

You do like to dangle the carrott of bite like :lol:

Guest neesy111

We've got two of those Bargain shops right on our doorstep now, they sell branded food very cheap.

Double pack of Party Rings biscuits for 99p  :snod:

Ohh aye.  I usually go to them now for stuff.

Guest neesy111

So if we didn't sell Carroll we wouldn't had bought anyone over the last 2 and 1/2 years?

So if we didn't sell Carroll we wouldn't had bought anyone over the last 2 and 1/2 years?

Hang on, isn't that exactly what you are accusing the club of now?  :lol:

We wouldn't have brought in the same players I'm certain of that. One or two less, players of lesser quality, we wouldn't have bought Cisse for certain.

Guest neesy111

We wouldn't have brought in the same players I'm certain of that. One or two less, players of lesser quality, we wouldn't have bought Cisse for certain.

No, your saying we can only sign players if we sell players.

Patience. :lol: Ashley has been at the club for 6 years and we're treading water at best.

Nothing to do with the conversation we are having about the Carroll money mind but You don't have to go back long to find the club being praised on here for its set up of bringing in players, the same people who are kicking off right now no doubt, and the same people praising them in January.

Guest neesy111

Patience. :lol: Ashley has been at the club for 6 years and we're treading water at best.

Nothing to do with the conversation we are having about the Carroll money mind but You don't have to go back long to find the club being praised on here for its set up of bringing in players, the same people who are kicking off right now no doubt, and the same people praising them in January.

You're making stuff up now.

The only reason people were thankful in January as we were a sinking ship, having just lost to fucking Reading at home.

Norwich: van Wolfswinkel

Swansea: Bony

Southampton: Osvaldo

Newcastle: Remy

FYP

Not saying the board haven't fucked up, they clearly have (they could go some way to making up for it before the window closes, although I doubt they will) but lets not just ignore things to prove a point.

No, your saying we can only sign players if we sell players.

No, but it helps like Spurs have done, one of the most active teams in and out over the past decade i'd imagine, always making money on good deals.

You've been banging the drum we don't sign players, we do, just not enough to suit the kids who want everything. Over time we've signed some good players and do tend to address key areas. If it wasn't for Gomis' agents being cunts we'd have brought in two top quality strikers, no? The deal isn't dead and could still happen, if it does and we go in to the season with Cisse, Remy & Gomis are you and others going to stop crying or will you just find another area of the team to moan about until the next window or one after that.

Arsenal-aside, in recent years we're the only club in the Premier League that on the whole never spend more than we bring in.  I'll always have a problem with that.

Arsenal-aside, in recent years we're the only club in the Premier League that on the whole never spend more than we bring in.  I'll always have a problem with that.

It's not great, of course I wish things were different, we had an owner that would bankroll us, or even one who last season thought this is our chance and give us a one off £30m or something like that, but we haven't got one, we've got a twat and nothing is going to change under him. Until he leaves we still can do things that are good, buy the right players, not be mugged by agents and other clubs while slowly strengthening the squad. I remember a time on here that was enough, I think it was building the foundations and it was a great idea. But we've hit a sticky spell and now have a manager who everyone has lost faith in so feelings towards the regime are pricked up enough to not see any positives at all. It all seems pointless to me, accept the situation (or go crazy thinking typing furiously on a forum is going to change things) and compared to others in the league it really isn't that bad. You've just go to look 12 miles down the road to see spending money doesn't always bring in quality, even if a chairman is ready to throw money and keep throwing money down the drain.

If Pardew was sacked in the summer I think things would be a little different round here, we'd be a bit more excited and looking forward to a new start with some of our better players finding form again and for me that is my main problem with the setup right now, no matter who we bring in we've got a manager who isn't good enough for the job and will never get the best out of quality players.

That statement really makes me wonder how your personal economy is for some reason.

Guest neesy111

That statement really makes me wonder how your personal economy is for some reason.

I think he means we don't spend more than what we bring in (in transfers).  Us and Arsenal are the only clubs to have made a surplus in recent seasons on transfers.

:lol: WTF.

And I'm not expecting Ashley to bankroll us, he took money out of the club in the last financial year and is refusing to spend increased TV money right now.