Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Man Utd in arrogance shocker.

Do you believe Arsenals £10m for Cabaye and £6m for Williams were arrogant? Or will you choose to ignore those bids and forget they were ever made because it isn't as cliche to shit on Arsenal?

Did I mention Arsenal?  Clown.

That's my point. You say we're arrogant for making a £28m bid but most clubs, i.e. Arsenal, start low when they begin negotiations (not that I think we've bid low.)

Exactly - Arsenal.

How's that strategy working out for them these days?

Man Utd in arrogance shocker.

Do you believe Arsenals £10m for Cabaye and £6m for Williams were arrogant? Or will you choose to ignore those bids and forget they were ever made because it isn't as cliche to shit on Arsenal?

Did I mention Arsenal?  Clown.

That's my point. You say we're arrogant for making a £28m bid but most clubs, i.e. Arsenal, start low when they begin negotiations (not that I think we've bid low.)

Exactly - Arsenal.

How's that strategy working out for them these days?

I wasn't endorsing it as a strategy I was just highlighting the point that people are jumping on the "Manchester United are arrogant" bandwagon over this £28m bid, despite almost all clubs starting negotiations for a player well below their prospective value.

Surprised at the reaction to this. Wouldn't be the first time a club has bid what they felt is market value even though the club values the player more, don't think that makes them arrogant.

The Fellaini part really is derisory though. Bidding 16m for him when that's essentially what Everton paid w/ add-ons 5 years ago is insulting. He's certainly much more of a proven commodity in the Premier League and has increased his value. Especially derisory since Moyes is the one making the offer and knows all this intimately.