Gervinho

Dave

Why are Everton constantly in a state of having no money to spend? Surely a club of that size with good attendances must make some cash?

Also they have not done a great deal of work on the stadium like NUFC have with SJP or MUFC have with Old Trafford or built a new ground.

Guest Recoba

Cabaye, Tiote may swing it for us if the competition is Everton.  Could we really be after Zog AND Gervinho?!  I mean Cabaye 5 mill, Gerv 15 mill then another 8 mill or so for Zog?  Can't believe thus is happening. 

Cabaye, Tiote may swing it for us if the competition is Everton.  Could we really be after Zog AND Gervinho?!  I mean Cabaye 5 mill, Gerv 15 mill then another 8 mill or so for Zog?  Can't believe thus is happening. 

Can only see us with one or the other.

As if it's both we have 7mill of the Carroll money left to get a Striker.

We really need a couple, unless Ashley is sticking a bit extra in.  :laugh:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Other than having Tiote and Cabaye i can't see why Gervinho would choose us over Everton.

The potential to be premiership competitors. We have done it 3 times before! Everton have never played a formal champ league game

Other than having Tiote and Cabaye i can't see why Gervinho would choose us over Everton.

The chance to be pointed at by Steven Taylor.

He could have that playing at any premiership team.

There is absolute nothing Everton have that would make a player choose them over us, that's just bollocks

Well i would imagine that with Everton playing in Europe more recently they would have a bigger reputation. They also don't have Mike Ashley, which we do. So surely that would be a negative. They have finished above us for quite  a few consecutive seasons  now.

Guest Recoba

If its the Toffees I reckon we'd be the pick.  There must be a Juventus or Atletico in the mix though, some second tier club from Serie A or La Liga.  Ora decent German side?

There is absolute nothing Everton have that would make a player choose them over us, that's just bollocks

Well i would imagine that with Everton playing in Europe more recently they would have a bigger reputation. They also don't have Mike Ashley, which we do. So surely that would be a negative. They have finished above us for quite  a few consecutive seasons  now.

They're owner isn't exactly Gary Splash Cash.

If its the Toffees I reckon we'd be the pick.  There must be a Juventus or Atletico in the mix though, some second tier club from Serie A or La Liga.  Ora decent German side?

What's the appeal of Juve?

Great history but a dying club, also not in europe, corruption, attendances of about 14k..

Update in tomorrow's Journal apparently. No doubt saying the internet rumours are bollocks at this point.

Fucking hell, are you doing anything else than sitting at home and pressing F5 these days?  :lol:

They're owner isn't exactly Gary Splash Cash.

no, but neither is Ashley and they keep things much more stable. With Everton it would be unlikely for anthing to go catastrophically wrong, they will finish in a decent position, will likely keep their manager. We could do well next season but with the way things are with this club anything could and possibly will happen.

A few years ago I'd agree, but Everton cannot offer anything that we cannot next season, and although I would never say they are on the decline, they aren't the same side that could challenge for the Champions League that they we're.

SJP, money & potential are what players would see imo, especialy those from abroad.