Gervinho

Dave

And where do Everton get that money from?

They don't need it. If they know he's joining us then they can fob their fans off with "at least we tried". Not dissimilar to Ashley's last minute bid for Zog in January.

Everton are ahead of us as a club and in terms of personell, but you'd like to think head to head we could possibly beat them to a player we really want. Especially factoring in Tiote/Cabaye factor who he' known to be friends with?

It's when Arsenal and Liverpool come knocking we'll probably be blown out of the water.

I'd fancy our chances of beating Everton to him with Tiote here and Cabaye apparently on the way.

Still, the less teams in the running the better.

Financially we're in a better position too. If it's only between ourselves and Everton then I'd like to think we're favourites but if an Arsenal, Man City or Spurs come in it's a different matter altogether.

Everton are ahead of us as a club and in terms of personell, but you'd like to think head to head we could possibly beat them to a player we really want. Especially factoring in Tiote/Cabaye factor who he' known to be friends with?

Aye, Everton's major selling point has diminished within the past couple of years tbh, i'd certainly expect us to be the more attractive option.

If Everton are the single other club, then Pardew's 'We’ve given a player a deadline this week, we think that’s 60-40 in our favour' comment makes sense. At the figures we're talking about though, if the player is as good as some are making out I can't understand why bigger clubs wouldn't come in for him.

If Everton are the single other club, then Pardew's 'We’ve given a player a deadline this week, we think that’s 60-40 in our favour' comment makes sense. At the figures we're talking about though, if the player is as good as some are making out I can't understand why bigger clubs wouldn't come in for him.

Liverpool are going to predominately but PL experience IMO, Arsenal/Spurs don't massively need him, not good enough for Chelsea/Man United.

I honestly don't think many have the money. Our January windfall has given us a budget disproportionate to our level, similar to Everton getting the money for Rodwell.

The most Arsenal have ever spent on a player is only a few more million than this.

I honestly don't think many have the money. Our January windfall has given us a budget disproportionate to our level, similar to Everton getting the money for Rodwell.

The most Arsenal have ever spent on a player is only a few more million than this.

How much do you think we'd have spent (net) without selling Carroll? Anything?