Gervinho

Dave

I don't think we'll get him if those clubs are interested. Hardly a bold prediction.

If N'Zogbia is the next option and we get him I'll not be too arsed.

I'd be delighted. Unfortunately i haven't seen Gervinho so maybe he's worth holding out for, but deep down i really wish Zog was our first target. He looks like a much more attainable target. I can see us dilly-dallying over Gervinho and him rejecting us - whilst in the meantime, N'Zogbia's pisses off to Liverpool.

Not a chance. Ah well.

Why? He was asked by an Arsenal website, I'm assuming, specifically about the article this morning about Arsenal and City. Doesn't mean Arsenal and City are actually in for him, or whether they've matched Lille's valuation, or whether we're even in for him for that matter!  :lol:

Exactly.

I don't think we'll get him if those clubs are interested. Hardly a bold prediction.

I really get the sense from that interview that he was just specifically asked about that article (about Arsenal and City). I find it hard to believe that those clubs are looking at him to be honest (Arsenal because of the players they've got, and City because they could spend whatever amount of money on whatever player).

The (reliable) French press have only really credited ourselves and Everton with an interest / bids.

Agreed. Honestly couldn't see him fitting in at Shitty. If he does go there he'll most likely regret it come the end of the season having spent most of it on the bench.

I really get the sense from that interview that he was just specifically asked about that article (about Arsenal and City). I find it hard to believe that those clubs are looking at him to be honest (Arsenal because of the players they've got, and City because they could spend whatever amount of money on whatever player).

The (reliable) French press have only really credited ourselves and Everton with an interest / bids.

Agreed. Honestly couldn't see him fitting in at Shitty. If he does go there he'll most likely regret it come the end of the season having spent most of it on the bench.

:lol: Nah.

I concur. City honestly don't need Gervinho with all the other players at their disposal.

:lol: Nah.

Perhaps not financially I suppose.

Anyway, I'm just trying to make excuses as to why he might want to come here.

I'd be delighted. Unfortunately i haven't seen Gervinho so maybe he's worth holding out for, but deep down i really wish Zog was our first target. He looks like a much more attainable target. I can see us dilly-dallying over Gervinho and him rejecting us - whilst in the meantime, N'Zogbia's pisses off to Liverpool.

Should the N’Zogbia deal prove to be too expensive for a Newcastle board which is always looking for value for money, they will look to Gervinho instead[...]

Implying N'Zogbia is our first target I guess.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/06/07/magpies-quoted-12m-for-charles-n-zogbia-61634-28832238/2/#ixzz1ObOim8OG

Hey, Gervinho, World Cup star and current French league champion, do you fancy joining us?

We don't pay much and we're letting our key players leave, but don't let that worry you. You'll be free from the strains of expectation, despite 50,000 fans watching you every week, we have the knack of managing their ambition. Should any of them get disgruntled we have mastered the art of dampening their enthusiasm with apathy.

Have you met Mr. Pardew? He's the bloke that puts the cones out and keeps you all company on long journeys. Now, why don't you get a feel for the place, here's a ball. Have a kick about. James, Ryan & Peter are over there. Join in with them.

:weep:

Sounds like the agent is name dropping to me, we'll find out soon enough if they're really interested though.

EDIT:  Letting our key players leave?  Fucking hell Colocho get a grip :lol:

Hey, Cabaye, France international and captain of the current French league champions, do you fancy joining us?

We don't pay much and we're letting our key players leave, but don't let that worry you. You'll be free from the strains of expectation, despite 50,000 fans watching you every week, we have the knack of managing their ambition. Should any of them get disgruntled we have mastered the art of dampening their enthusiasm with apathy.

Have you met Mr. Pardew? He's the bloke that puts the cones out and keeps you all company on long journeys. Now, why don't you get a feel for the place, here's a ball. Have a kick about. James, Ryan & Peter are over there. Join in with them.

:weep:

:dontknow:

I would rather us sign N'Zogbia than Gervinho. 

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey

Reports suggesting Gervinho will opt for Arsenal this week, despite agent saying today deal was not close.

Oh well then, next (probably).