Yohan Cabaye retires

Guest mimifrench

But calling Marvin Martin "little Xavi" is ok i guess :lol:

I would say both tecnically and physically, Martin much more looks like to Xavi. Martin can both defend and have some tecnical skills, which isn't the case of Cabaye...

Come on, man. That's just wrong.

Have you just ever seen Cabaye dribbling someone ? Just answer please...

Technique and dribbling. Two quite different things. Cabaye may not have the biggest repertoar when it comes to dribbling, but he has great technique. And Cabaye is way better/more prone to defending than Martin.

We aren't going to understand each other...

Of course i know that technique and dribbling are 2 different things but previously when i was speaking about Martin and his tecnic, i also spoke of his dribbling capacity so... Martin has something that Cabaye hasn't. And of course, Cabaye has more defensive capabilities than Martin.

That is why, in the future in the French Squad, people in France rather speak about a midfield with M'vila and Martin...

mimi, I love you with everything I have, but you're edging very near the line here.

Just tell me what i've done wrong...

But in fact, if you all think Sammy Ameobi is like Messi  :lol: i understand your reactions.

As Sewelly says, Messi is nowhere near as good as Ameobi, and Xavi is nowhere near as good as Cabaye, but I'm sure you know this.

But calling Marvin Martin "little Xavi" is ok i guess :lol:

I would say both tecnically and physically, Martin much more looks like to Xavi. Martin can both defend and have some tecnical skills, which isn't the case of Cabaye...

Come on, man. That's just wrong.

Have you just ever seen Cabaye dribbling someone ? Just answer please...

Technical skills isn´t just dribbling though. Cabaye is a very technical player. I don´t know how much you have seen of him for us, but he has shown that he has a good first touch, controls the ball well, great technique when striking the ball and delivering corners. I agree with you that the Xavi comparison is greatly exaggerated though.

Guest mimifrench

mimi, I love you with everything I have, but you're edging very near the line here.

But in fact, if you all think Sammy Ameobi is like Messi  :lol: i understand your reactions.

As Sewelly says, Messi is nowhere near as good as Ameobi, and Xavi is nowhere near as good as Cabaye, but I'm sure you know this.

Of course, needless to say it... You must be all very happy considering NUFC is probably going to win the Champion's league now

Of course, needless to say it... You must be all very happy considering NUFC is probably going to win the Champion's league now

The Champions League is beneath us.

Mimi I love you, can we meet up?

Guest mimifrench

The Champions League is beneath us.

Mimi I love you, can we meet up?

You are surely one of the Cajun's friends, aren't you ?

Guest mimifrench

:lol: I don't know who this 'Cajun' is.

It's strange because i'm quite sure of the contrary... Anyway, you seem to share some common reactions.

Guest Wearside

I was surprised Cabaye didn't start tonight mind, you'd have thought a world class(copyright Newcastle Online Forum) player like him would have been able to handle a heavyweight midfield of Shaun Derry and Alejandro Faurlin. I think the term is 'completely out of his depth'.

I was surprised Cabaye didn't start tonight mind, you'd have thought a world class(copyright Newcastle Online Forum) player like him would have been able to handle a heavyweight midfield of Shaun Derry and Alejandro Faurlin. I think the term is 'completely out of his depth'.

What a s*** post.  You're trolling right?  Please say you are because if you aren't then well, you're not a good reader of a football game at all.  You'd be a footballing simpleton.

Do yourself a favor and delete your original post.  I promise I'll remove this the second it goes.

Helped us keep a clean sheet though, Johnny 2-points.

2 of the finest central midfielders to grace the modern game tbh.