Yohan Cabaye retires

i want to see the '5 seconds later' picture, cos it looks like that young'ns about to put in a mean challenge.

:lol:  Here you go . . . .

http://www.stinkypalace.com/img01/midget-football10.jpg

Holy shit. :lol:

SUCCESSFUL OPERATION

Hi everyone,

I am writing from my hospital bed. About my surgery, everything went fine. I went through two operations on Monday and Tuesday and both of them were successful. My morale is high and I will be leaving hospital within a few hours so I can recover quietly.

My groin pain will soon be a bad memory. I have been suffering long enough. To make things clear it’s a persistent pain that I have been enduring from the beginning of the season without worrying about that much. Then match by match, the pain strengthened before to disappear for a fortnight and to come back much stronger after the game against West Ham.

Surgery was the best solution in order to get rid of my injury and to get back quickly to the field. Thanks to Dr Lepicard both of the operations were a success. He took time to let me know any details about the surgery to come. I have read several things in the newspapers, but if the operation was in two stages it’s only a matter of comfort, efficacy and recovery, so I can walk again soon.

Indeed, this is the case since I am able to walk already. I will be back to competition by February 2013 on the condition that everything is fine. I should be able to run by December and will spend January training hard to be in a good physical condition.

I am now planning to be in a good shape for my club by February and hopefully for the friendly game with France against Germany. It’s a long way to go and first I am going to rest with my family before to start my re-education and eventually come back to England.

I remain calm and optimistic regarding my injury and my morale is high. That surgery probably was for the best. Now I really can rest after a long season last year.

I am aware that there are more serious matters in life and I want to say hello to Eric Abidal who just went through a more dangerous surgery than I did. Hopefully, he will come back soon to the field because this is where he belongs.

To conclude a special thanks to my family and my wife who took good care of me during my staying at the hospital. I also want to thank Dr Lepicard and his coworkers who made my injury and my recovery easier. That’s all I can say about the surgery. I will catch up with you as often as possible throughout my re-education. But first of all, it’s time to rest.

Thanks for your support. See you soon.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcxq4jx8eC1r00y4l.gif

:lol: I need context for that photo. In my mind I'm seeing a team of adult midgets playing a youth side

:D  Looks like you are right . . . .

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Pn6VAGlMjVg/Su9VobU-d9I/AAAAAAAAIy4/DAh9i2F61O0/s400/DwarfFootieREUTERS_450x350.jpg

Which one's wormy?

Hoping that was a corrective procedure to treat a hernia.

Uncertain future if the problem is Osteitis Pubis - has written-off careers in other codes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ItalianMagpie

Randomly, was just looking back at when we signed him. How excited I was then. How quickly times can change :'(

I'm still excited about him ???

Hello everyone.

I am writing from England where I went for some time now and I continue my recovery. After several days of rest, I am at work.

Since the operation, I will much better because I have not felt any pain since I left the hospital.

On returning to Newcastle, I was able to observe the operation of the club doctors after, like me, carefully planning recovery.

I was able to rejoin the race a week ago. This is a great step taken after this long period of convalescence. Between errands, exercises with the ball, specific movements and a big job weights, I can now work for nearly 50 minutes without pain what is real satisfaction.

The evolution of my injury is positive. I'm there early or late in relation to my goals back. But still no specific date in mind, because I want to stroll back to the land.

If the disappointment of not playing on Boxing Day and other league is great, I take my pain with patience. I saw clearly that period, because again, the operation was the best solution for me.

I will continue to work to come back stronger and shaped the land. In the meantime, I wish you all and to all a merry Christmas and New Year period. Yo.