Yohan Cabaye retires

Guest hatem garrincha

In an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport, Leonardo, PSG's sporting director, said he was interested in major French players. "The idea of ​​great players come to me please. I'm not talking about players like Benzema but Nasri, Ribery or Cabaye, said the Brazilian. I do not know if this is doable and I have had no contact with any of them."

Tap, tap, tap it up.

Nasri, born in Marseille, playing for PSG ? 

As highly as i rate him i don't think PSG will end up going for him in the end despite the quotes same goes for Nasri.

As good as Cabaye is i think PSG will look at someone a level above what Cabaye is capable of.

They have too if they're aiming at winning the CL. If they just want a french player who'll help them win the league year in year out, than Cabaye is good enough. I just don't think he's good enough to compete against Xabi Alonso, Iniesta, Schweinsteiger etc.

Guest hatem garrincha

Leonardo's speaking for french and parisian public, which are complaining there're not enough french players in the starting 11, but he's not thinking one minute what he's saying.

“We are looking at several players to improve our side,” said Ancelotti.

“I’m not interested in the finances of a player – only his technical ability – and I’m working hard for the next transfer market. I dont look at the passports, I only look at the player. (Franck) Ribery, (Karim) Benzema and Cabaye are all quality players.

“Some say they have an advantage because they speak the language, but I don’t believe in only buying players because they are French. I believe in buying players who will make the team better.”

Leondaro said: “I like the idea of seeing great French players come back home.

“Maybe (Samir) Nasri, Cabaye or Ribery. I don’t know if those deals can be done. I’ve had no contact with those players.

“But French players do well when they go abroad — Moussa Sissoko, who I wanted to sign before he went to Newcastle, and Cabaye, who is someone I appreciate a great deal.

“We could well do our shopping in England.”

“We are looking at several players to improve our side,” said Ancelotti.

“I’m not interested in the finances of a player – only his technical ability – and I’m working hard for the next transfer market. I dont look at the passports, I only look at the player. (Franck) Ribery, (Karim) Benzema and Cabaye are all quality players.

“Some say they have an advantage because they speak the language, but I don’t believe in only buying players because they are French. I believe in buying players who will make the team better.”

Leondaro said: “I like the idea of seeing great French players come back home.

“Maybe (Samir) Nasri, Cabaye or Ribery. I don’t know if those deals can be done. I’ve had no contact with those players.

“But French players do well when they go abroad — Moussa Sissoko, who I wanted to sign before he went to Newcastle, and Cabaye, who is someone I appreciate a great deal.

“We could well do our shopping in England.”

I wouldn't worry too much, why would anybody with no ties to the club want to leave here when they can work for a top manager and have been challenging for a CL place since the beginning of the season?

I would sell everyone but Krul, Ben Arfa and the new lads. The rest all have a price really. Cabaye will be 28 soon enough, maybe now is the time to cash in for 25 mill pounds. Whether we can scout a replacement of equal or better quality is the question.

Guest neesy111

Cabaye is clearly a better player than what we've seen for most of this season.

Goes for almost everyone in our squad.

:thup:

£20m isnt taking them to the cleaners, not that he's been a £20m player for us. Other teams rate him very highly, though.

£20m is a fee a few teams would be looking at signing him, they've a daft amount of money and daft amount of players, if we only got £20m cash I'd want 2-3 players in return.

There's no point in him being here, we employ him to chase players around and hang around our centre backs so he can take it off them and play a 10 yard pass.

Pardew's going nowhere, we might as well move Sissoko alongside Tiote, bring Carroll back and go 4-4-2. Get it over with and sell Cabaye while he's in demand, as much as it pains me to say it.