Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Only consolation is Monaco have the resources to pay a fortune for Mr Dreamboat.

Agreed, I really look forward to seeing our bank balance next season, I'm excited already.

Guest pont-toon

Oh well, I look forward to people justifying selling our best players again. Probably by saying we don't sell our best players.

There is no justification. Sadly this is the way of the current regime.

Cue Pardew spouting bollocks about reinvesting the money.

As they say..,,c'est la vie

I'm not surprised.

But when our team couldn't score enough goals, we sell our top scorer and best chance creator.

As long as Ashley's here, that's just the way it's going to be.

I want to stand up and fight it, but everyone will just tell me to sit down and shut up and don't make a scene.

We can completely survive this fine if we reinvest wisely and buy a like for like replacement and a prospect for the future with the profits

will we?

no.

(albeit I really rated Cabaye and think it'll be tough)

What will actually happen is Pardew will either not replace him or buy some clogger to suit his hoofball.

I'm shocked, never saw him leaving (if the story being run is true after all) this summer. Great player who has been one of our top performers over 2 seasons even if this season wasn't as good as the one before. We will really miss him, a player like him doesn't grow on trees for cheap money. If the fee is anything below £20m...

Does depend how much we get for him though. He is no where near as influential as a player like Ben Arfa. Cabaye is fantastic if used correctly. Under Pardew he isn't going to be used well so might as well cash in on him for as much as possible I guess.

Ca-bye.

I'm nowhere near as bothered about him as most seem to be  :undecided:

It will hit you when we replace him with Nigel Reo-Coker.

Useful player for Vancouver this season... :whistle:

:okay:

Meh, his last 18 months have been poor, he said he loved the club and had no desire to leave and he's went for the riches what Monaco offer at the first opportunity. Fuck him I say, bring in the Hughes from Derby.