Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Pardew doing his outmost to prompt bidding for him today.

His negative quotes when it comes to retaining players is fucking infuriating.

His team is a reflection of him. Reactive, negative and ambition-less.

Fucking sick of this constant dumbing down of fans expectations as though we are some two bit club who should be thankful with what we've got.

I remember a time when we were smashing transfer records and playing good football.

And he is a reflection of the owner.

That I totally agree with but sometimes it's better to say nothing.

Pardew doing his outmost to prompt bidding for him today.

Thought the same reading his latest bits in the press.

It's really like "Oh, look the transfer window is closing soon so don't forget to big for our Ca-bye"

Said that a number of weeks ago about Pardew bigging up Cabaye saying not for sale and at the time he wasnt even being mentioned by other clubs just saying "come and get him"

“As a midfielder you look at his creative ability and there are not too many around as good as him. He is a French international, he is at the perfect age... And I am not trying to sell him here, by the way."

“He makes an incisive pass, and if you are doing that they need to be accurate, otherwise they keep turning the ball over, and he showed that when he came on. He made the forward passes that made the difference.”

:hmm:

If we had to go 442 / 4411

Krul

Debuchy  Taylor  Colo    Santon

HBA  Tiote  Sissoko  Gouffran/Sinclair

Remy

Cisse

Elliott, Mbiwa, Anita/Bigi, Jonas, Marveaux, Sammy, Shola

Assuming Cabaye is sold.

It's almost like he's paid to say stuff like this to the press.

To be fair, he is! He has little to no control to who comes in/out and ashlee pays his salary. If JFK and MA have decided cabayes going they would have told pards to say stuff like this.

Pards got far to much stick on this board for things that clearly arnt under his control.

To be fair, he is! He has little to no control to who comes in/out and ashlee pays his salary. If JFK and MA have decided cabayes going they would have told pards to say stuff like this.

Pards got far to much stick on this board for things that clearly arnt under his control.

He tells us he has a say in everything so he's fair game.

Suppose but Its quite clear he's a puppet.

[/Quote]

What? Like his mouth?

No but it's his job, same as any other manager of a company/store. You have to promote company policies.

Guest neesy111

Suppose but Its quite clear he's a puppet.

He still has control over his own mouth.

I really don't think anybody is seriously after Cabaye. For a top4 side there are so many better options out there and if we look at top 6 - Spurs have done good business with Paulinho and Arsenal are getting the Bayern holding mf - forget his name.

I really don't think anybody is seriously after Cabaye. For a top4 side there are so many better options out there and if we look at top 6 - Spurs have done good business with Paulinho and Arsenal are getting the Bayern holding mf - forget his name.

Could well be why he's talking about it so much.

Guest Phil K

Pards got far to much stick on this board for things that clearly aren't under his control.

He keeps telling us he has, then says he hasn't when theres criticism. I don't think he has. Kinnears incompetence shows that. Even Pardew would have done better

As for Cabaye, usual "no smoke without fire" and Pardew making excuses already for Ashley letting him go in todays Chron seems to say there IS truth in it.

Could well be why he's talking about it so much.

Bang on. Commission.

He keeps telling us he has, then says he hasn't when theres criticism. I don't think he has. Kinnears incompetence shows that. Even Pardew would have done better

As for Cabaye, usual "no smoke without fire" and Pardew making excuses already for Ashley letting him go in todays Chron seems to say there IS truth in it.

We have a new DOF and still transfers are slow and excuse ridden. The one man that should in my opinion is MA that should be getting the stick for it. I by no means think pards is the man for the job by a long shot. But what it seems to me is pards is essentially tmaking excuses for his bosses mishaps. Shoot the messenger springs to mind

We have a new DOF and still transfers are slow and excuse ridden. The one man that should in my opinion is MA that should be getting the stick for it. I by no means think pards is the man for the job by a long shot. But what it seems to me is pards is essentially tmaking excuses for his bosses mishaps. Shoot the messenger springs to mind

:lol: Love stuff like this

The point is he doesn't have to make excuses for them unless he is happy to go along with anything the say, which he clearly is as he knows it's the best job he can get.

Exactly, so wouldn't the blame be better placed on the people he's making excuses for?  We could bring in best DOF and he is never going to change our transfer dealing while we are clearly working with a broken set of policies.

Yeah what a crock of shit this whole thing is. Again we've got the manager pretty much advertising a top player for sale and again mentioning "oh and it might be too late to get a replacement in" Just the same thing happening on a loop.

As it happens I'm not actually that fussed about Cabaye, I think there's more hype than substance there in that he hasn't been consistent enough in part because he probably wants away. The fact is if he is sold we won't bring in a replacement. Same old shit.

If I was worth anything at all then I would bet everything on Cabaye leaving. Pardew is just basically trying to break it to us easy rather than it coming out of the blue.

The shit about not having time to get a replacement will just be the icing on the cake.

Guest bimpy474

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 3m

L'Equipe lead tomorrow w/ 'PSG want Cabaye' and suggest that Leonardo had been in talks with the player before he quit the club