Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Seemed bizarre for him to start on the bench on saturday given everyone else of pardews likely line up played. Think that was the first telling sign he was off for me and then the bullshit pardew quotes sent it into overdrive.

Guest bimpy474

Putting that useless fuckwits picture up offends me, hes been basically trying to sell Cabaye for the last few weeks.

Dear god i hate the prat.

Guest bimpy474

Sick of him talking us down, talking as we're a small club like Wigan or someone like that.

Talking us down is our job :lol:

I think he's a really talented player and I'd be frustrated if he left - but I can't see how it would be a massive loss. Pardew doesn't know how best to use him so I'm not exactly sure what we'd be losing. His level of performance has varied because he hasn't held down a role which is most beneficial for the team. I blame the manager for that, even if the player has under-performed on occasion.

Him leaving, having never fulfilled his potential, would just typify the evolution of the squad under this manager. It's out-grown him, simple as that.

f***ing infuriating. Everything about it. Can't stand Pardew and his bullshit comments. Wish he wasn't such a spineless t***.

To say we wouldn't have time to replace him is absolutely outrageous and to even reference the Carroll thing is crazy. We sold Carroll on the last day. If he fears Cabaye's exit then they should be actively searching for a replacement. We have over 2 weeks til the window shuts. The guy is a right fucking bellend.

I think he's a really talented player and I'd be frustrated if he left - but I can't see how it would be a massive loss. Pardew doesn't know how best to use him so I'm not exactly sure what we'd be losing. His level of performance has varied because he hasn't held down a role which is most beneficial for the team. I blame the manager for that, even if the player has under-performed on occasion.

Him leaving, having never fulfilled his potential, would just typify the evolution of the squad under this manager. It's out-grown him, simple as that.

Unfortunately bang on, wish someone at board level could see it but I'm guessing they aren't too fussed to see players leave for good profits.

This expresses my opinion in a far better way than I ever could. :laugh:

I know what you're saying, but I think it's a bit silly to accept the sale of all our best players just because Pardew is the manager.

Wonder why PSG haven't just bought him already?

Crude, but going off wiki they've not shifted many players this summer and have 11 midfielders on their books. Maybe, even in their gas fuelled euro haze,  they want to thin out their squad before adding to it some more.

Albeit this would make more sense if they hadn't of spent circa £100m already.

Not really sure how annoyed I would be if Cabaye left.  I am not yet convinced he is as good as people think he is and, whilst the bumbling idiot in charge has contributed to this, I just don't think he would ever excel in the English game. 

If he doesn't want to be here and we get £25 million for him, then I am not sure I will be devastated.

The worst thing about all of this is that this will be Pardew's new excuse for our inevitable bad season.

Anytime we play badly he will say "if we had Cabaye in there then we would have controlled the game" etc.

I know what you're saying, but I think it's a bit silly to accept the sale of all our best players just because Pardew is the manager.

What do you mean by 'accept'? At best, the fans have an extremely minor influence on what happens at the club. Galvanising the players on a match-day is about the extent of the influence we have. The only other way is to boycoutt, but that will never happen on a scale to force the owners to take notice. 

I'd be gutted if Cabaye left but we'd have to 'accept' it. Just as we do with every single decision that is made.