Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I think he's a really talented player and I'd be frustrated if he left - but I can't see how it would be a massive loss. Pardew doesn't know how best to use him so I'm not exactly sure what we'd be losing. His level of performance has varied because he hasn't held down a role which is most beneficial for the team. I blame the manager for that, even if the player has under-performed on occasion.

Him leaving, having never fulfilled his potential, would just typify the evolution of the squad under this manager. It's out-grown him, simple as that.

This expresses my opinion in a far better way than I ever could. :laugh:

I know what you're saying, but I think it's a bit silly to accept the sale of all our best players just because Pardew is the manager.

What do you mean by 'accept'? At best, the fans have an extremely minor influence on what happens at the club. Galvanising the players on a match-day is about the extent of the influence we have. The only other way is to boycoutt, but that will never happen on a scale to force the owners to take notice. 

I'd be gutted if Cabaye left but we'd have to 'accept' it. Just as we do with every single decision that is made.

I mean, not consider it a loss. That seemed to be what you were suggesting.

I think he's a really talented player and I'd be frustrated if he left - but I can't see how it would be a massive loss. Pardew doesn't know how best to use him so I'm not exactly sure what we'd be losing. His level of performance has varied because he hasn't held down a role which is most beneficial for the team. I blame the manager for that, even if the player has under-performed on occasion.

Him leaving, having never fulfilled his potential, would just typify the evolution of the squad under this manager. It's out-grown him, simple as that.

I know what you're saying, but I think it's a bit silly to accept the sale of all our best players just because Pardew is the manager.

What do you mean by 'accept'? At best, the fans have an extremely minor influence on what happens at the club. Galvanising the players on a match-day is about the extent of the influence we have. The only other way is to boycoutt, but that will never happen on a scale to force the owners to take notice. 

I'd be gutted if Cabaye left but we'd have to 'accept' it. Just as we do with every single decision that is made.

I mean, not consider it a loss. That seemed to be what you were suggesting.

There would be a loss to some extent, but I wouldn't see it having a major effect. Any effect he has on the team is totally diluted by the fact he's never played in the right position. I'm just repeating myself now, though.

Would YOU want to work for a boss who you thought was a dickhead, or who couldn't use all the abilities of you and your fellow-workers..?

Would YOU want to work for a boss who you thought was a dickhead, or who couldn't use all the abilities of you and your fellow-workers..?

Course not, but what evidence is there that Pardew thinks that?

And even if he does, how does that effect whether or not PSG will bid?

In fairness none of us know what goes on behind the scenes ... You would like to think with his best mate living and playing alongside him it would influence his decison to stay/leave, but as with most the lure of financial reward, better job prospects usually wins in the end !

In fairness none of us know what goes on behind the scenes ... You would like to think with his best mate living and playing alongside him it would influence his decison to stay/leave, but as with most the lure of financial reward, better job prospects usually wins in the end !

They haven't even bid though.

They haven't even bid though.

In fairness none of us know what goes on behind the scenes ...

Even with loads of money PSG at some point have to bring sense in to the equitation. So maybe they are wondering if they even need him, they certainly aren't desperate if so he'd be there. Also he might not be their number one target. Thei interest could be like ours with bent only we need a striker more than they need a midfielder.

Its not about what Pardew thinks - its about what Cabaye thinks of him.

We are going to lose the best players over time because they know Pardew is a poor manager and we are going nowhere under him....look at Jonas' comments about fitness, and he is one of Pardew's favourites....

Guest icemanblue

Its not about what Pardew thinks - its about what Cabaye thinks of him.

We are going to lose the best players over time because they know Pardew is a poor manager and we are going nowhere under him....look at Jonas' comments about fitness, and he is one of Pardew's favourites....

Absolutely zero indication that any player has any issue with him. Plenty of evidence to the contrary. Yet this line is still being bandied about.

Jonas' comments were centred around training being 'too easy' due to the recovery sessions, post Europa games. Pardew agreed with them.

:thup:.

Sadly, I think some people are only going to realise just how good some of our players are when they see them excelling in another team's colours.

:thup:.

Sadly, I think some people are only going to realise just how good some of our players are when they see them excelling in another team's colours.

:sadnod:

He's 27, in the middle of a 5 year contract and (I assume..............) he's pretty much at his peak value.

The older he gets or the further his contract runs down the less cash we'll get for him.

I can see where the temptation would come from to flog him.

That's fair enough but if they are thinking that then they should buy or have already lined up a replacement. Pardew is making sounds that it will be the Carroll situation all over again.

Agree with that Alex. No excuse for not having a replacement lined up. It's not like an extra CM would go amiss in the event any Cabaye sale fell through.

Unfortunately not the way these guys think.

That's fair enough but if they are thinking that then they should buy or have already lined up a replacement. Pardew is making sounds that it will be the Carroll situation all over again.

Agree with that Alex. No excuse for not having a replacement lined up. It's not like an extra CM would go amiss in the event any Cabaye sale fell through.

Unfortunately not the way these guys think.

I'd suspect the opposite tbh.

Anita, Bigirimana, Cabaye, Tiote, Gosling, Sissoko all battling for 2 or 3 spaces. Expendable as fuck.

Guest icemanblue

A whole season? Under this manager?

Nah

Looks pretty damn good when he plays for France like

He's had more anonymous games than brilliant games for us mind and is also prone to the odd over the top nasty tackle.

Don't know if I'd agree with that. Was consistently good the whole first season with us

Colour me confused.