Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Guest neesy111

He will be sold imo.  We'll drag this out to get as much as possible, with no replacement coming in.  The money will then be sent in paying back another loan to Ashley.

An excuse for today's loss signed sealed and delivered. Well done Pards.

He will be sold imo.  We'll drag this out to get as much as possible, with no replacement coming in.  The money will then be sent in paying back another loan to Ashley.

:suicide:

Guest neesy111

Remember though when we sold Carroll, we also turned down a few Spurs bids as well.  A bidding war, will push up the price.

For all of the s*** Cabaye gets on here who do people think that we could realistically attract to replace him that's of the same calibre?

Shouldn't be too hard to replace him. He was non-existent for about 20 games last year.

I think it also needs to be remembered that we dont have a clue what we are doing. I think we buy good players, but not to fit into any sort of system. This newcastle team has not had a style of play for a good few years, there are no real tactics on show, and as a result it is difficult to look at players to fit into what we do.

:thup:

I don't think that really stands up when you look at the players we've bought and when.  We actually tend to buy in the right positions, just not necessarily the style of player that Pardew would prefer.

We've got one acceptable goalscorer and one acceptable winger in the entire squad, man. f***ing wake up.

Its all well and good 'buying in the right positions' but what is the point in buying anyone if you dont have a plan.

Take swansea, a passing team, the players they bring in will always be brought in to play the pass and move sytem and therefore it is easy to identify which players will help the team.

West Ham, even for Allardyce's football, have a plan when they go on the field, whether that be getting wide and crossing in or playing direct and winning the 2 nd ball.

I think it is difficult to look at any newcastle team in the past couple of seasons, and say here are the tactics, this is clearly what we are trying to acheive in a 90 minute football match. .

To be fair it'd be difficult for even manager to achieve that when constrained by our ludicrous recruitment policy.

For all of the s*** Cabaye gets on here who do people think that we could realistically attract to replace him that's of the same calibre?

Shouldn't be too hard to replace him. He was non-existent for about 20 games last year.

I think it also needs to be remembered that we dont have a clue what we are doing. I think we buy good players, but not to fit into any sort of system. This newcastle team has not had a style of play for a good few years, there are no real tactics on show, and as a result it is difficult to look at players to fit into what we do.

I don't think that really stands up when you look at the players we've bought and when.  We actually tend to buy in the right positions, just not necessarily the style of player that Pardew would prefer.

We've got one acceptable goalscorer and one acceptable winger in the entire squad, man. f***ing wake up.

Its all well and good 'buying in the right positions' but what is the point in buying anyone if you dont have a plan.

Take swansea, a passing team, the players they bring in will always be brought in to play the pass and move sytem and therefore it is easy to identify which players will help the team.

West Ham, even for Allardyce's football, have a plan when they go on the field, whether that be getting wide and crossing in or playing direct and winning the 2 nd ball.

I think it is difficult to look at any newcastle team in the past couple of seasons, and say here are the tactics, this is clearly what we are trying to acheive in a 90 minute football match. .

Nail on the head.

I wouldn't sign another CM if he left tbh. Let Sissoko drop deeper and hopefully see more of Anita/Bigi/Marveaux. Put the money towards a winger, if we sell him.

Incidentally, I fail to see what he's going to solve down at Arsenal.

Guest neesy111

Good post.

I wouldn't sign another CM if he left tbh. Let Sissoko drop deeper and hopefully see more of Anita/Bigi/Marveaux. Put the money towards a winger, if we sell him.

Incidentally, I fail to see what he's going to solve down at Arsenal.

Anita/Jonas and Tiote in the same midfield at home. No fucking thanks.