Yohan Cabaye retires

I'd usually blame the player but with Kinnear I'll give Cabaye the benefit of the doubt, he's certainly played well, he'll be off in the winter transfer window though

I doubt it, unless someone is absolutely desperate for a midfielder.

Moyes wasn't really backed over the summer, was given fellaini at a ludicrous price in the end and apparently was privately furious, I wonder if they'll spend big in a panic in winter to try and avert dropping out of champions league places

With it being World Cup year, he needs to be playing every week so that could count in our favour come January.  He needs only to look at Ba when Chelsea bought him as a panic buy last January.  And Deschamps has already shown he won't select players who are not playing regularly for their clubs.

Pretty funny how gash Australia are.

I remember always wanting to play them after 2006 since we were similar nations in talent and how we approach the game, but our national teams have gone in completely different directions after that. Except they're a lot more shit than we are good.

Did play them in 2010 warmup game and Edson Buddle scored, so

I remember always wanting to play them after 2006 since we were similar nations in talent and how we approach the game, but our national teams have gone in completely different directions after that. Except their a lot more shit than we are good.

For all the grief we give you the US is progressing as it should. Australia, despite qualifying, haven't at all.

Guest diddimz

I remember always wanting to play them after 2006 since we were similar nations in talent and how we approach the game, but our national teams have gone in completely different directions after that. Except their a lot more s*** than we are good.

For all the grief we give you the US is progressing as it should. Australia, despite qualifying, haven't at all.

Weve fallen apart, tried to rely on our 2006 team longer then we should have and now our national team is paying for it.

I remember always wanting to play them after 2006 since we were similar nations in talent and how we approach the game, but our national teams have gone in completely different directions after that. Except their a lot more s*** than we are good.

Weve fallen apart, tried to rely on our 2006 team longer then we should have and now our national team is paying for it.

Worst Australian team for many years, certainly over 15 ....remember that the 1997 side were within minutes of beating Iran and qualifying for the France WC and the 2006 WC side would also have probably put 4 or 5 past the current team yesterday, were it possible for the two sides to meet.

Never the same since Hiddink left and young players failed to come up to the standards of their predecessors. Manager sacked following the game but I don't think it will make much difference because, as with NUFC, the younger players are not up to it ; Kruse, who plays in Germany, and possibly Oar who is in Holland, may be OK but the defenders are dire. The fact that Neill is still playing there tells you it all. Strangely, the A League is forecast to get its best ever season for crowds this year...!

TV companies in Australia have too much invested in Aussie Rules football, hence the proper stuff does not get the media backing it should so promising kids concentrate on Aussie Rules after about 10 years of age.