Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

If he was so good for Lille, he wouldn't have ended up between a choice of Aston Villa & Newcastle United. He only started receiving bids from top teams when he proved himself in the PL, under Pardew. Newcastle and therefore Pardew, essentially helped him double, triple maybe quadruple his wages over  the last 4 years. I would think Cabaye, Ba & Debuchy would have a decent impression of Pards. They came to Newcastle & him to be a stepping stone for their careers and it worked.

He was at the same club as players who were picked up by Arsenal & Chelsea. He was no bairn either.

He tried to force a move away from the club under Pardew.  Twice. Aye though, best mates. Basically Red knap and Defoe.

Aye, he wanted to go to Arsenal. A more succesful club, CL football & at least x2 the wages. Really disliked Pardew then.

I'm surprised that chunk of teams just below the top 4 aren't in for him. Probably his age and lack of mobility. But imo for a few seasons he would be excellent for Everton, L'pool or a Southampton.

Proving yourself in the Premiership is hardly akin to finding your best form like. He was at the heart of a title winning Lille side the year before he joined us and he was starting to cement his place in the France side. But whatevs, the last manager he played under despite lying to him during negotiations, was Alan Pardew, so obviously he owes his career to him.

The one thing he is concerned about is playing for France in the Euros next year and he needs to play.  He knows that Pardew is absolutely obsessed with him and will build the team around him.  Other managers might say he will get regular game time but he will know that Pardew guarantees that.

But I so hope this doesn't happen.

Proving yourself in the Premiership is hardly akin to finding your best form like. He was at the heart of a title winning Lille side the year before he joined us and he was starting to cement his place in the France side. But whatevs, the last manager he played under despite lying to him during negotiations, was Alan Pardew, so obviously he owes his career to him.

I never said he owes his career to him.

Suarez once scored more goals than games played for Ajax. Was captain. Won the Dutch cup. Second in the league. 45 goals in the whole season or something. But because of the level of opposition, it would be his last L'pool season that would be his best -obviously. He also tried to force a move to Arsenal. I'm sure he's okay with Brendan like.

The one thing he is concerned about is playing for France in the Euros next year and he needs to play.  He knows that Pardew is absolutely obsessed with him and will build the team around him.  Other managers might say he will get regular game time but he will know that Pardew guarantees that.

But I so hope this doesn't happen.

#

Aye, Pardew will make him main man. If he could get to that form he was at just before he left us, he will be at the Euros.

Brendan Rodgers didn't almost relegate Liverpool when Suarez was there if my memory serves me right.

I don't think Cabaye cares. I think he would've been more upset that his form wasn't the best. He achieved what he set out to do at Newcastle, under Alan Pardew. Would you disagree with that?

Under Pardew he finished 5th, 16th & left us in.. 6th was it? With Cabaye one of the main men. In his mind, i'm sure he considers his time with us (and Pardew) a personal success overall.