Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Please God no. If it's on loan, why the hell aren't we looking at him? Big Mike loves saving money on transfer fees.

Cause we're not in the same city as his boyfriend

Forgot about his bromance. Definitely something weird going on between them.

On a side note did he not say something along the lines of how he would like to come back to Newcastle one day when he left?

Brendan Rodgers didn't almost relegate Liverpool when Suarez was there if my memory serves me right.

I don't think Cabaye cares. I think he would've been more upset that his form wasn't the best. He achieved what he set out to do at Newcastle, under Alan Pardew. Would you disagree with that?

Under Pardew he finished 5th, 16th & left us in.. 6th was it? With Cabaye one of the main men. In his mind, i'm sure he considers his time with us (and Pardew) a personal success overall.

I'm sure he'd be the main man in pretty much any side from Southampton and below though, I cannot see why, if given the choice, he'd join Alan Pardew over any other club.

There were large periods here when people were suggesting he was shite, and than Danny Guthrie should take his place because of Pardew's style completely bypassing him. Pardew even dropped him at one point, and then took credit when he brought him back on the win us a game he should have already been playing.

If it wasn't for us being so bad in the last year or so he was here, and relying so heavily on him and Remy to win games, I doubt he'd have even received the recognition he got.

If he was so good for Lille, he wouldn't have ended up between a choice of Aston Villa & Newcastle United. He only started receiving bids from top teams when he proved himself in the PL, under Pardew. Newcastle and therefore Pardew, essentially helped him double, triple maybe quadruple his wages over  the last 4 years. I would think Cabaye, Ba & Debuchy would have a decent impression of Pards. They came to Newcastle & him to be a stepping stone for their careers and it worked.

He was at the same club as players who were picked up by Arsenal & Chelsea. He was no bairn either.

Dude, all we did was give him greater exposure. Pardew in no way, shape or form made him a better player. Not having that at all.

Move on people, he chased the money, found the bench and will now settle for capital life with his 'pal'.

He'll be wanting a move to a better capital club within the year if Palace isn't a smokescreen to get others down there interested.

I can't understand why only Villa and Palace are in for him? Aside from Chelsea and maybe Arsenal surely any other Premier league team could benefit from him.

Even Arsenal imo

Not a chance, just like Sissoko he'd ride the bench.

I'm not bothered to be honest. I couldn't blame him for going to PSG at the time but it hasn't worked out for him since.

He was the mainstay of the French national team, he can't say that now, so arguably it was the worst thing that could've happened for his career. The fact he may end up at Palace under that chump is more depressing for him than us.

Not too fussed tbh, he's a great player technically, but the premier was too fast for him, he struggled to keep up in a lot of games. That said, I would like to see him playing under a footballing coach. Our style under the fraud didn't do him any favours.

Not too fussed tbh, he's a great player technically, but the premier was too fast for him, he struggled to keep up in a lot of games. That said, I would like to see him playing under a footballing coach. Our style under the fraud didn't do him any favours.

I actually think he excels when he's the big fish in the small pond. He hasn't made waves at PSG playing under Blanc nor France with Deschamps. They're apparently good managers.

Play Cabaye in that advanced position like Pards did from Sep-Jan and Cabaye will do the business. That's where he seems to like to play. Being the main man.