Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

People are now saying Cabaye has done more for Newcastle than Kieron f***ing Dyer :lol:

I love how both through the transient nature of memory and the retardation of the medium that is the Internet forums history is rewritten.

Regardless of what you think of Dyer, and most of what you said is true, he did about 5000x more than Cabaye ever did for this club. Just on performances, assists and goals alone, not even including the fact that he didn't go on strike because he was denied a move that was promised to him, and didn't look for an out at the first opportunity. I love Cabaye, but people need to stop this revisionist bullshit. It's taking on the Confederate South proportions where they claim to have won the war.

Edit: Have people forgotten the FULL season when we finished 16th and Cabaye did f*** all? He was invisible most of that f***ing season bar a few goals and assists.

You forgotten Dyer refusing to play right wing for Bobby?

And Cabaye refusing to play full stop? :lol:

DJ's right. Cabaye did nothing for NUFC compared to Dyer.

People are now saying Cabaye has done more for Newcastle than Kieron f***ing Dyer :lol:

I love how both through the transient nature of memory and the retardation of the medium that is the Internet forums history is rewritten.

Regardless of what you think of Dyer, and most of what you said is true, he did about 5000x more than Cabaye ever did for this club. Just on performances, assists and goals alone, not even including the fact that he didn't go on strike because he was denied a move that was promised to him, and didn't look for an out at the first opportunity. I love Cabaye, but people need to stop this revisionist bullshit. It's taking on the Confederate South proportions where they claim to have won the war.

Edit: Have people forgotten the FULL season when we finished 16th and Cabaye did f*** all? He was invisible most of that f***ing season bar a few goals and assists.

You forgotten Dyer refusing to play right wing for Bobby?

And Cabaye refusing to play full stop? :lol:

DJ's right. Cabaye did nothing for NUFC compared to Dyer.

Splitting hairs there to be honest - both pretty similar acts.

Last statement especially. I think its a shame that Sir Bobby was getting on with age whilst Dyer, Jenas and Viana were here. The 3 of them had everything in their skill set to take us forward too, f***ing shame that.

Didn't help that Dyer had no respect for Sir Bobby at all. Alongside Bramble and Bellamy.

While I'm sure they'll remember the good times mostly, Dyer, Jenas and Bramble will regret how their role in Bobby leaving has adversely hurted their careers. Does Jenas even have a club?

Last statement especially. I think its a shame that Sir Bobby was getting on with age whilst Dyer, Jenas and Viana were here. The 3 of them had everything in their skill set to take us forward too, f***ing shame that.

Didn't help that Dyer had no respect for Sir Bobby at all. Alongside Bramble and Bellamy.

While I'm sure they'll remember the good times mostly, Dyer, Jenas and Bramble will regret how their role in Bobby leaving has adversely hurted their careers. Does Jenas even have a club?

He doesn't. Not a bad pundit though to be fair.

• 3 weeks later...

Jallet :lol: okay, dude.

You know more than ancelotti?  Okay, dude.

I know he's sitting away at Lyon, 31 years of age, left for first team football and made handful of international appearances. Greg van Der Weil says hello.

If we're talking France, Sagna and Debuchy have been preferred to him for quite  some time too, no?

Jallet :lol: okay, dude.

You know more than ancelotti?  Okay, dude.

I know he's sitting away at Lyon, 31 years of age, left for first team football and made handful of international appearances. Greg van Der Weil says hello.

If we're talking France, Sagna and Debuchy have been preferred to him for quite  some time too, no?

Ben Arfa says hello.

Players go from being the man to just a cog.

Think Debuchy made the best move. Arsenal aren't really a top club - at least he'll play.

Agree, although Cabaye is good enough to play for a top CL club IMO, it's just that PSG already had some quality CMs.

Players go from being the man to just a cog.

Think Debuchy made the best move. Arsenal aren't really a top club - at least he'll play.

Agree, although Cabaye is good enough to play for a top CL club IMO, it's just that PSG already had some quality CMs.

Top as in with real hopes of semi's, maybe getting to the final with a bit of luck? Nope. Last 16, maybe 8 sides? Yep.

Apart from Chelsea, Cabaye is good enough for every other team in the league. City and United could do with Cabaye and hes much better than Joe Allen and Mathieu Flamini.

Yes, I would have Cabaye back but it wont happen, not unless its a temporary loan. He will end up at Liverpool or Arsenal IMO.

Apart from Chelsea, Cabaye is good enough for every other team in the league. City and United could do with Cabaye and hes much better than Joe Allen and Mathieu Flamini.

Yes, I would have Cabaye back but it wont happen, not unless its a temporary loan. He will end up at Liverpool or Arsenal IMO.

\

still can't get over manyoo not going for him at the price he was sold for personally

Not sure Liverpool will keep spending the way they have.  Rodgers has spent a shit load of money (ok - 75M came the other way), on a shit load of shit!  I would have thought the board would want to see some balancing of the books and not sure he has that much in the squad that is appealing to others (apart from Sterling).

Guest RJberger

cant think of a better Gerrard replacement tbh, within their framework of who they can attract.

We will probably see him in the glorious red Jersey soon enough.