Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/01/20/cabaye-really-struggling-for-fulham-72703-30167934/

YOHAN CABAYE looks set to miss tomorrow's trip to Fulham.

The French ace is believed to be still struggling with the ankle injury sustained against Queens Park Rangers with Alan Pardew yesterday admitting the player was "really struggling".

Cabaye was taken out by a late Shaun Derry tackle in the 1-0 win over the Rs.

Cabaye may also miss next Saturday's trip to Brighton in the FA Cup, and may not return until next month.

FFS here comes gosling

Maybe not? Perhaps Pardew might go with the same side that finished the QPR game, so Raylor and Guthrie in the middle?

I hope not. It is no secret that I hate Raylor, but even putting that aside Gosling and Abeid would both be better options in the middle if Cabaye is out. Using Raylor in there is on a par with starting Perch there, although I will admit it is still a better option that Smith.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It's a big achievement if we can win a Premier League game with the central midfield that might be available tomorrow.

We got a draw at Chelsea with

Lovenkrands Raylor Barton Ferguson :lol:

FFS here comes gosling

Maybe not? Perhaps Pardew might go with the same side that finished the QPR game, so Raylor and Guthrie in the middle?

I hope not. It is no secret that I hate Raylor, but even putting that aside Gosling and Abeid would both be better options in the middle if Cabaye is out. Using Raylor in there is on a par with starting Perch there, although I will admit it is still a better option that Smith.

I'd prefer Abeid in the middle, but I just can't see Pardew dropping Raylor unless the guy turns up with a battle axe lodged in his head.

FFS here comes gosling

I'd prefer Abeid in the middle, but I just can't see Pardew dropping Raylor unless the guy turns up with a battle axe lodged in his head.

slight doubt tbh

It's a big achievement if we can win a Premier League game with the central midfield that might be available tomorrow.

Remember , we did win the mackems 4-1 with Amdy Faye and a 34 year old Lee Clark as CM's :lol:

A record breaking Mackems team too.

Remember , we did win the mackems 4-1 with Amdy Faye and a 34 year old Lee Clark as CM's :lol:

A record breaking Mackems team too.

Setting the world of records alight are Sunderland.

Guest bimpy474

Kadar training with the first team there too.

A good sign maybe?

Not sure mate, definitely not a bad one that he's back among the first team,  every time Willie Donachie speaks about him he has nothing but praise for Kadar, maybe he's done enough to get back in the first team pool with his performances for the reserves, would worry long term though.

Guest optimistic nit

Kadar training with the first team there too.

A good sign maybe?

Not sure mate, definitely not a bad one that he's back among the first team,  every time Willie Donachie speaks about him he has nothing but praise for Kadar, maybe he's done enough to get back in the first team pool with his performances for the reserves, would worry long term though.

Wouldn't many reserve players always train with the first team? i would have assumed it would be the first team and core reserve squad in one training session and the youth team (including youth team players who also sometimes play for the reserves) in another training session.