Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

He had a hell of a tantrum whilst on the stretcher. Looked like a foot bone injury at the most for me, metatarsal - the fact he was able to get up and walk up to Derry and shove him seems somewhat good news no?

Guest palnese

He had a hell of a tantrum whilst on the stretcher. Looked like a foot bone injury at the most for me, metatarsal - the fact he was able to get up and walk up to Derry and shove him seems somewhat good news no?

Depends. Alan Smith walked off SoS with a broken ankle.

Guest Roger Kint

Be no more than a sprained ankle. Didnt the transfer gimp say he got off the stretcher and walked from the treatment room to the dressing room later? He came across as a right fanny mind witht the whinging and tantrum.

It looked like a total nothing challenge, can't see where any damage can be done, he didnt even look too uncomfortable on the ground either, surprised by the stretcher....but i was watching it from about 20m away from TV screen in the corner of my eye whilst serving customers.  :lol:

It looked like a total nothing challenge, can't see where any damage can be done, he didnt even look too uncomfortable on the ground either, surprised by the stretcher....but i was watching it from about 20m away from TV screen in the corner of my eye whilst serving customers.  :lol:

Showed another angle when I was watching and it looked pretty painful to be honest. Went right through his ankle.

Alan Pardew believes Yohan Cabaye's injury is not as bad as first feared, after the midfielder was stretchered off during Sunday's 1-0 win over Queen's Park Rangers.

Only 20 minutes had gone when Cabaye was caught by a late Shaun Derry lunge, for which the Rangers man was cautioned, and the sight of the 26-year-old leaving the field of play was not a welcome one for Magpies fans.

But while Cabaye was clearly upset with the tackle, Pardew believes referee Chris Foy got the punishment right, and - more importantly - is confident that the French midfielder will be straight back into action.

"He looks okay to me," said the boss, following the final whistle.

"The doc seems to think we might scan him, we might not, so it isn't an injury we think is going to give us problems going forward.

"It was a strong challenge, but Shaun Derry is a player who makes strong challenges. The referee was right on top of it.

"I thought it was borderline yellow-red, but I think probably it was a yellow.

"There always controversy about tackling. It's very, very difficult for referees, so I am not going to sit here and criticise that decision.

"But Yohan was upset. He felt it was probably a little bit over-exuberant, but the doc thinks he is going to be okay."

:thup:

Alan Pardew believes Yohan Cabaye's injury is not as bad as first feared, after the midfielder was stretchered off during Sunday's 1-0 win over Queen's Park Rangers.

Only 20 minutes had gone when Cabaye was caught by a late Shaun Derry lunge, for which the Rangers man was cautioned, and the sight of the 26-year-old leaving the field of play was not a welcome one for Magpies fans.

But while Cabaye was clearly upset with the tackle, Pardew believes referee Chris Foy got the punishment right, and - more importantly - is confident that the French midfielder will be straight back into action.

"The doc seems to think we might scan him, we might not, so it isn't an injury we think is going to give us problems going forward.

"It was a strong challenge, but Shaun Derry is a player who makes strong challenges. The referee was right on top of it.

"There always controversy about tackling. It's very, very difficult for referees, so I am not going to sit here and criticise that decision.

"But Yohan was upset. He felt it was probably a little bit over-exuberant, but the doc thinks he is going to be okay."

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpzkcrjlrY1qg46v4.gif

:laugh:

Great news that :thup:

That's how we all feel :smitten:

Any news about his injury?

i'm slighly concerned that the doc says its not too serious cos when HBA went off injured in the states i'm pretty sure the initial comment at half time by the doctor was also not serious.....and HBA was out for a couple of months!!

Any news about his injury?

i'm slighly concerned that the doc says its not too serious cos when HBA went off injured in the states i'm pretty sure the initial comment at half time by the doctor was also not serious.....and HBA was out for a couple of months!!

Well it's obviously a lot better than the club doctor saying it is serious, so i'm not quite sure what you're wanting to hear?

Hoping he's just playing the game obviously, but I didn't expect him to be back, hopefully fit for the Brighton game. 

Wonder who he'll play instead and whether he will stick with a flat midfield 4?  I reckon R.Taylor or Abeid will play.