Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Think he was just lashing/kicking out. Didn't mean to hit the guy, just having a bit of hissy because he got pulled down.

Was silly, but not malicious.

Still likely to get a red card on the day or a three match ban if the media ramble on about it long enough.  Wouldn't have had a complaint at all if either had or will happen.

If you're lashing out in those situations though you are definitley trying to hit the target.

Not necessarily. Sometimes you just build up enough 'red mist' that you kick out/throw something.

Not necessarily. Sometimes you just build up enough 'red mist' that you kick out/throw something.

Still trying to hit a target in the situation he was in though.  The nearest thing was the bloke who fouled him that he kicked out at and aimed a kick at.  I honestly cannot see how anyone can defend what he did tonight and if it was an opposition player doing it to one of our lads the board would have been in uproar, whether they had connected or not.

Still trying to hit a target in the situation he was in though.  The nearest thing was the bloke who fouled him that he kicked out at and aimed a kick at.  I honestly cannot see how anyone can defend what he did tonight and if it was an opposition player doing it to one of our lads the board would have been in uproar, whether they had connected or not.

I refuse to believe he did it with any malice. He didn't aim a kick at the guy IMO, he just kicked out - they were falling over each other at the time, he didn't have enough time to see where the guy was and deliberately aim a kick at him.

[dodgy real life comparison] He was just frustrated and let a bit of it out. Just like you punch a wall, or throw a controller across the room. If I get frustrated when I'm doing something, that's what I do. I don't find the person who beat me on FIFA, or is in charge of the difficult project at work and kick him in the face. [/dodgy real life comparison]

I'm not defending him. In fact, if you look at my first post I said it was 'a silly thing to do'.

Thought it was stupid from Cabaye. Can see why he might have lashed out but still.

Seems to have a bit of a nasty streak if his time in England so far is anything to go by IMO. Very good player, mind.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Used to like his feisty side but he needs to tread very carefully, if it's going to start costing him matches then I'd much prefer he didn't have it at all.

much of it comes from Tiote first beeing injured, then away for ACoN. Will hopefully get a more advanced role in the future.

Even when Tiote was here, he still wasn't playing like he did at Lille, consistently. As soon as Pardew saw he could run around a bit and tackle, he restricted him. He's far too good a player to be fannying on trying to get tackles in all the time, good bonus but where's this ball player we were supposed to have? Where's this pass and move football we were promised in the summer? Pardew used to produce lively teams with some shoddy footballers and yet, with some of the lot he has at his disposal here, he can't even get off the ball movement going.

much of it comes from Tiote first beeing injured, then away for ACoN. Will hopefully get a more advanced role in the future.

Even when Tiote was here, he still wasn't playing like he did at Lille, consistently. As soon as Pardew saw he could run around a bit and tackle, he restricted him. He's far too good a player to be fannying on trying to get tackles in all the time, good bonus but where's this ball player we were supposed to have? Where's this pass and move football we were promised in the summer? Pardew used to produce lively teams with some shoddy footballers and yet, with some of the lot he has at his disposal here, he can't even get off the ball movement going.

Absolutely, Cabaye needs to be getting forward, he's a goal threat and can thread great passes, and yet he's doing an anchor man's job too often.

couldn't agree more and was about the post the same thing in another thread. Cabaye's energy is being squandered running around trying to be an industrious, battling, hard tackling irritant like cattermole. what a waste, and something that is amplified when he's alongside Guthrie instead of Tiote. after 60 mins vs brighton he was absolutely drained. he needs to be saving his energy and getting on the ball influencing the game in a positive manner.

Even alongside Tiote he's not been able to show his class on the ball enough. ironically Tiote is the one dribbling forward and making cutting passes to our forwards.

I think the problem's tactical more than anything - he did actually play a conservative game from deep for lille and france - only there it was more Alonso than Mascherano - orchestrating attacks from behind, lots of pass and move, playing it simply but intelligently. to do the same here he'd need the side able to play it on the ground and keep possession and offer options, otherwise he gets trapped in this situation where he's the furthest midfielder back and pressed into defensive duties. instead of quick, tiki taka he's hitting it long whenever he gets the ball  -partly as there's no movement or options nearby and partly as pardew wants it quick and direct onto shola or best's head or to the wingers, how old fashioned.

As I stated earlier in the HBA thread. Cisse is much more a space creater then any of our nowbeeing forwards. As he is more in the Hernandez role. A player looking behind the defences for trough balls and running the channels. Will open up alot of space as the defenders allways will be watching over their shoulders.

Him & Guthrie can't play with each other.  Too similar of players.

Performances like Stoke away suggest otherwise, bad day at the office, no need to rewrite history.

Guest neesy111

Performances like Stoke away suggest otherwise, bad day at the office, no need to rewrite history.

QPR @ home, we were dreadful until Cabaye went off injured.

Would love to see a midfield 3 of Cabaye, Tiote and Guthrie

QPR away we were even worse for the full duration of the game, suppose Cabaye and Tiote doesn't work either.

Yet what's the common denominator between QPR at home and last night's game? No Demba.

Which will probably happen. Pardew showed that he's open to new formations in recent games.

Guthrie    Tiote    Cabaye

HBA

Ba          Cisse

looks very dangerous imo.

Which will probably happen. Pardew showed that he's open to new formations in recent games.

HBA

Ba          Cisse

You'd need genuine width and quality from both full-backs if we were to play such a formation.

Santon could provide that, yet Simpson couldn't.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Yohan-Cabaye-facing-ban-after-kicking-Brighton-Adam-El-Abd-article859209.html

Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye could face a three match ban after being accused of an X-rated Mario Balotelli-style kick.

Brighton defender Adam El-Abd was left with a cut lip after the second-half clash and claims Cabaye deliberately kicked him.

He says referee Lee Probert has promised to study the video evidence after missing it during the game and that could leave Cabaye facing retrospective action from the FA.

Manchester City striker Balotelli was banned for four games – including an extra game for a previous red card – after video last weekend showed him kicking out at Tottenham’s Scott Parker.

El-Abd said: “I think it was frustration on his part. He had a little kick out at me. I’m a big boy and I can deal with it, but I think he knew what he was doing.

“The ref said to me at the time that he was going to have a look at it again on the monitor.

“It was pretty clear and the ref could see I had blood on my lip. It didn’t magic itself onto my lip.”

Guest VaVaVoom

HBA

Ba          Cisse

You'd need genuine width and quality from both full-backs if we were to play such a formation.

Santon could provide that, yet Simpson couldn't.

For all i'd love to see us go with that we would certainly need a new quality fullback and it would also mean dropping Jonas which i think is unlikely.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-Yohan-Cabaye-facing-ban-after-kicking-Brighton-Adam-El-Abd-article859209.html

Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye could face a three match ban after being accused of an X-rated Mario Balotelli-style kick.

Brighton defender Adam El-Abd was left with a cut lip after the second-half clash and claims Cabaye deliberately kicked him.

He says referee Lee Probert has promised to study the video evidence after missing it during the game and that could leave Cabaye facing retrospective action from the FA.

Manchester City striker Balotelli was banned for four games – including an extra game for a previous red card – after video last weekend showed him kicking out at Tottenham’s Scott Parker.

El-Abd said: “I think it was frustration on his part. He had a little kick out at me. I’m a big boy and I can deal with it, but I think he knew what he was doing.

“The ref said to me at the time that he was going to have a look at it again on the monitor.

“It was pretty clear and the ref could see I had blood on my lip. It didn’t magic itself onto my lip.”

no chance he could have a look at the deliberate elbow in the face on williamson aswell, also the tackle on cabaye that should've been a red aswell.