Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

As far as the 3 and 2 argument goes..... he's had great performances in both but he's had more poor ones in a 2 but that's mainly due to the fact he's played more in a 2.

I'm sure if he played constantly in a 3 he would have poor performances there too.

I personally prefer him in a 3 because he has the license to get forward more and not worry about the defensive side as much.

Guest neesy111

Some people can't just accept the fact he has off games like everyone does, whether that's in a 3 or 2. If Cabaye's on form he's excellent no matter what the formation is.

People aren't saying he's off form, people are saying he's not fit which when you see him blowing on his arse after 40 mins is correct.

Guest Howaythetoon

Arguably his best game for us was Villa away last season in a 4-4-2. Getting boring as f*** this 4-3-3/4-4-2 s**** on here like.

It has served us well at times but we are evolving as a team and have the players that are better suited not to 4-4-2 but other formations, namely 4-3-3. Even Stevie Wonder would tell you we play better in a 4-3-3 or more importantly, our better players play better.

Cabaye and Ben Arfa are almost wasted in a 4-4-2 where as Cisse and Demba get in each other's way.

As for Villa last season, we were set up 4-4-2 but Cabaye's role was an advanced attacking one, and not the deep anchored role he was deployed in today or is often asked to play when at 4-4-2.

Same against Man Utd at home, 4-4-2 set-up but due to the atmosphere, the way the game was set up etc. the formation went out of the window and the players were all, or mainly to a man, playing their own game, Cabaye and Tiote in particular. It was the same in the 2-2 draw with Spurs at home.

People say well we beat Man Ut at home and Chelsea away at 4-4-2 but our best run of form and our best performances all came when we went 4-3-3 towards the end of last season, a formation that allowed Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Cisse in particular to perform really well. 4-4-2 restricts all their games and with it the team's ability to win and perform well.

If we are to stick with 4-4-2 we should of kept Guthrie, Routledge and Best...

As far as the 3 and 2 argument goes..... he's had great performances in both but he's had more poor ones in a 2 but that's mainly due to the fact he's played more in a 2.

I'm sure if he played constantly in a 3 he would have poor performances there too.

I personally prefer him in a 3 because he has the license to get forward more and not worry about the defensive side as much.

Is there a way to imprison Moleman in the tactics thread?

Kindly f*ck off i was just responding to a comment made up the page.

Arguably his best game for us was Villa away last season in a 4-4-2. Getting boring as f*** this 4-3-3/4-4-2 s**** on here like.

It has served us well at times but we are evolving as a team and have the players that are better suited not to 4-4-2 but other formations, namely 4-3-3. Even Stevie Wonder would tell you we play better in a 4-3-3 or more importantly, our better players play better.

Cabaye and Ben Arfa are almost wasted in a 4-4-2 where as Cisse and Demba get in each other's way.

As for Villa last season, we were set up 4-4-2 but Cabaye's role was an advanced attacking one, and not the deep anchored role he was deployed in today or is often asked to play when at 4-4-2.

Same against Man Utd at home, 4-4-2 set-up but due to the atmosphere, the way the game was set up etc. the formation went out of the window and the players were all, or mainly to a man, playing their own game, Cabaye and Tiote in particular. It was the same in the 2-2 draw with Spurs at home.

People say well we beat Man Ut at home and Chelsea away at 4-4-2 but our best run of form and our best performances all came when we went 4-3-3 towards the end of last season, a formation that allowed Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Cisse in particular to perform really well. 4-4-2 restricts all their games and with it the team's ability to win and perform well.

:thup:

Guest Phil K

Kindly f*ck off i was just responding to a comment made up the page.

Was quite funny though !

what? why would we need to keep those three if we want to play 4-4-2?  Routledge was shocking for us under 4-4-2.  he seems play abit better at swansea in a 5 man midfield or 3 man attack.  Best was good in a two man attack granted but for guthrie i think he's way better in a 3 or 5 man midfield

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZnJcluoe1mk/TxzhArFHZdI/AAAAAAAAK7Q/Tlo_4c0LNvQ/s400/hans+moleman+earthquake+machine+fortress+of+the+mole.jpeg

There is no escape from the fortress of the Moles!

I would get concerned if Chelsea, City or Man U were linked with him and Tiote but it's Arsenal and we all know Arsenal won't pay anywhere near what Ashley will want.

Not concerned at all.

They signed Cazorla for £16m. Think that would be enough for either of them

Can we refrain from bumping this and the Tiote thread until the window's closed? Always fearful when I see new posts.

Wait until transfer deadline day. Someone is inevitably going to be a prick and bump these threads (oops :bluestar:)

Can we refrain from bumping this and the Tiote thread until the window's closed? Always fearful when I see new posts.

You'd best stay off twitter - rumours have started doing the rounds saying we've accepted a bid for him :jones: